Sr. Director, Application Architecture Development and Integration Specialist
The Gartner for Technical Professionals (GTP) team is a highly collaborative group of industry analysts. Members of the team work together to produce research that answers the most pressing questions being asked by technical professionals in government, commercial and not-for-profit organizations. Research is delivered in the form of written documents, presentations, dialogues, videos, blogs, and other forms of social media. A GTP analyst is an articulate thought-leader, and also an inquisitive student. The ideal candidate will have a hands-on practitioner background from working in advanced technical roles (e.g. Director of Application Development, Software or Solution Architect, Software Developer, CTO of a smaller organization, etc.)
- Develop thought leading research deliverables.
- Work with clients on strategic and tactical technology challenges.
- Deliver presentations at Gartner events, including Catalyst, Summits, and Symposia.
- Work with software vendors on product direction.
- Attain industry leadership by responding to press inquiries and speaking at industry events.
- Support Gartner sales with client visits and consultation.
- Contribute to research and agenda planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
- GTP is seeking an experienced technical professional with software architecture and integration knowledge. Qualified candidates will demonstrate expertise in three or more of the following areas:
- Experience with API design/management and application services implementation, including both on-premises and cloud-based scenarios. Familiarity with practices and popular tools, such as MuleSoft Anypoint platform, Google Apigee, Kong, IBM API Connect, CA API Management, and TIBCO WebMethods/Mashery.
- Expertise in microservices architecture, implementation and monitoring. Hands-on experience with microservices development frameworks like Spring Boot/Cloud, Microsoft Azure Service Fabric, or Netflix OSS. Knowledge of container orchestration platforms and service mesh technologies such as Kubernetes, Mesos/Marathon, Istio, Consul, Linkerd would be advantageous. Practical experience monitoring and debugging microservices architectures using telemetry tools like Dynatrace, Apache Zipkin, and Splunk would be helpful.
- Expertise in several major programming languages (e.g. Java, Python, C#, C++), experience with several emerging programming languages (e.g. Go, Rust, Kotlin) and expertise in several frameworks (e.g. Spring, .NET Core, etc.).
- Expertise in the deployment of integration platforms and the design, implementation and support of application integration solutions, including integration of COTS, SaaS and proprietary/legacy applications. Familiarity with cloud or on premise integration platforms such as IBM IIB/App Connect, Dell Boomi, Mulesoft Anypoint platform, Informatica Cloud, Oracle SOA Suite, Software AG WebMethods, Tibco BusinessWorks, Microsoft BizTalk Server/Azure LogicApps.
- Demonstrated expertise in building integration flows between popular SaaS products (e.g. Salesforce, Workday, Microsoft Dynamics, ServiceNow, SAP Concur, etc.) and bespoke and packaged products.
- Expertise in event-driven architecture, stream-based messaging and message-oriented-middleware. Hands-on experience with messaging and stream processing products like IBM WebSphere MQ, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka or AWS Kinesis.
- Expertise in the integration and productization of machine-learning based solutions, including chatbots or real-time prediction systems. Familiarity with deep-learning frameworks (such as Tensorflow, MXNet, Caffe2, H2O, DL4J or PyTorch) and/or commercial/cloud ML platforms (such as AWS Sagemaker, Azure Machine Learning Studio, H20.ai, Alteryx, TIBCO Alpine and similar). Deep expertise in data science is not required.
- Technology Team Leadership (e.g. project management, development/QA team management)
- The successful candidate has substantial expertise and is likely to be viewed as an evangelist for these topics in industry or within an enterprise.
- Candidates may come from an end user environment, software vendor in the product team, creative design shop as a supplier and/or a consulting background in this space.
- Whilst hands-on technical knowledge and experience is critical, it is equally important that the successful candidate has the ability to see beyond design to meet business and commercial aims.
- Excellent writing and research skills, coupled with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, including small to large audiences (500+ people)
- Excellent collaboration skills, able to graciously give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to take a position, based on facts, and support that position to clients, both external and internal, with clear analysis. Willingness to openly consider new information. “Strong opinions, weakly held.”
- Broad knowledge of industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Ability to identify how changing technologies will impact technology choices in architectural decisions.
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time, mostly within the region (EMEA/NA depending on home base), some international travel.
What We Offer
In addition to our competitive base salary, our benefits are first class. We offer:
- Comprehensive medical plan options with low employee contributions, including prescription drug coverage as well as Dental and Vision plans
- 401K with company contribution and aggressive vesting schedule
- Company paid life insurance, long-term disability pay, short-term disability pay, and optional supplemental insurance
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
- Competitive Paid Time Off plan with additional paid holidays
This position is remote and will be based in North America.
Job Requisition ID:30201
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.