Sr Director, Analyst
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), is the world’s leading research and advisory company and a member of the S&P 500. We equip business leaders with indispensable insights, advice and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities today and build the successful organizations of tomorrow.
Our unmatched combination of expert-led, practitioner-sourced and data-driven research steers clients toward the right decisions on the issues that matter most. We are a trusted advisor and objective resource for more than 15,000 organizations in more than 100 countries — across all major functions, in every industry and enterprise size.
We write great research and excite our clients every day - on the phone, on stage or face-to-face. Cyber security and digital business create a tremendous demand for research and advice – and we are looking for individuals who will help us help our clients.
A Senior Director in the Digital Workplace Security team will apply in-depth knowledge of application security technologies, vendors, and deployment best practices, with a particular focus on supporting business objectives. The role divides time among the following responsibilities: client inquiry (including research to answer inquiries), publishing research (text and presentations), in-the-field sales and client support, and administration. Exceptional writing, analytic, public speaking, and social skills are required.
There will be a focus on providing advice to clients on evaluation, selection, and deployment for the following technologies:
· Application security testing, static and dynamic
- Web application security testing
- Mobile app security testing
- Code scanning
- Application security testing in development and production environments
- DevSecOps, security in agile developments
- Software composition analysis / open source security
- Interactive application security testing / Run-time application self-protection
- Application security in cloud environments
- Knowledge and understanding of data masking, format-preserving encryption, tokenization, obfuscation, redaction, application integrity control and other ‘near-neighbor’ technologies and markets is a plus
- Must be able to discuss technologies in the context of IT and business processes. Understanding of secure coding practices and a secure software development lifecycle are a prerequisite.
In this role, you will:
- Perform research by reading, networking with clients, industry contacts, vendors and analysts, and by evaluating and analyzing information.
- Create specified written research in fulfilment of Gartner's commitment to clients (at least 8 documents per year, a couple of pages each, targeting IT leaders).
- Respond to 300-400 client inquiries per year, providing individualized advice to IT user clients (CIOs, CISOs, security managers) or vendor clients (product development and marketing).
- Present at 4-5 Gartner conferences per year as an industry expert.
- Provide sales support by speaking to prospective and existing clients by telephone and through face-to-face sales calls.
- Take press calls relevant to research expertise areas to promote the Gartner brand.
- Strong communications skills (verbal and written), including the ability to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply.
- 10 years’ work experience in relevant corporate or professional service organization, solving user problems in IT security.
- Ideal candidates will have experience in application development and information security. They will have managed successful technology deployments for a large enterprise, or developed application security technologies and products for a vendor.
- Understanding of how these technologies and practices are developing and to help clients with their vendor selection process - and assist vendors in overall market positioning
- Basic understanding of market research, data collection and analysis.
- A strong team working ethos.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer committed to the value of workforce diversity.
Job Requisition ID:36545
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.