Data Security (DLP, DAP, DAG) Sr. Director, Research & Advisory, Remote US- Location Flexible
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in over 13,000 distinct organizations. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA.
For more information, visit us at: http://www.gartner.com/technology/about.jsp.
This is open position is a broad-scope position in the area of Data Security. This position is to help advise Technology & Service Providers how to better position themselves in the industry through better service offerings, an understanding of the competitive landscape, buyer demands and behaviour as well as go-to-market approaches. The following are requirements for this position:
Knowledge and experience
- Strong understanding of Data Security across a number of technologies including Enterprise DLP, database audit and protection (DAP); data access governance (DAG); encryption, tokenization, redaction and data masking.
- Although this position will require an understanding of Data Security, there’s a requirement to understand the broader security market as well. Critical success factor will be the ability to view, analyze and link the broad security market and then put it into context of Data Security (for example, how it relates to privacy and regulations).
- Ability to grasp concepts, directions and impacts of new approaches to IT and feeding this knowledge around market dynamics into Gartner’s forecasting methodologies and outputs for the wider security environment
- Understand, analyze and describe vendor strategies and the long-term business impact from a financial perspective
- Understand, analyze and describe how data security providers are evolving their business models and the implications to the competitive environment, technology and buyer behavior
- Understand how vendor strategies, end-user buying behavior and key market trends are impacting the data security market size and growth
- Be able to have key executive discussions with leading security vendors on how they can gain market share
- Be a lead go to person with IT Provider clients in relation to security consulting, end-user buying behavior, and vendor strategies.
- Produce innovative, thought-leading, impactful, analytically-deep, fact-based research.
What you will do
- Provide in-depth analysis based on extensive client and technology provider input, team and community research, discussions and collaboration, as well as personal experience. Collaboration with peers is critical. Contribute thought-leadership in establishing company research positions.
- Represent Gartner research methodology, strategies and positions effectively at senior level within technology providers, user organizations, government and investors.
- Create written research in fulfillment of our commitment to clients.
- Create and deliver presentations for Gartner conferences, local briefings and webinars.
- Provide support to the sales organization to renew and develop business. Demonstrate Gartner research value.
- Provide high quality and timely research peer review. Provide mentorship and support team members.
- Ability to provide focused one-day client engagements as a research area expert.
- Be able to work across research teams within Gartner on the topic of security.
- Be able to mentor junior analysts on various security topics.
- Support Gartner PR by collaborating effectively with the press according to Gartner rules of engagement.
Qualifications and personal attributes
- Bachelor's degree in related field; proven record of academic achievement at highest level or a Master's Degree in related discipline are an advantage, however experience and knowledge is critical
- 10+ years plus year’s experience
- CISSP preferred.
- Broad knowledge of security technologies
- Ability to take multiple concepts and technological inputs and turn that into sound, factual and practical deployment and/or market opportunity leverage
- Articulate and succinct communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills; ability to apply conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing and defending conclusions.
- Strong project planning and management skills.
- Strong team-working ethos.
- Exceptional influencing and leadership skills
- Exceptional presentation skills in small and large audience situations alike
Gartner is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to the value of workforce diversity. Gartner does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veterans status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All matters relating to employment with the Company are based on, and operate according to, the principle of merit.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Gartner and need special assistance due to a disability or accommodation for a disability, please send us an email at Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:32792
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.