Sr Director Analyst: Identity and Access Management & Authentication Analyst
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in over 13,000 distinct organizations. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA.
For more information, visit us at: http://www.gartner.com/technology/about.jsp.
- Strong understanding of Identity and Access Management & Authentication across a number of platforms.
- Although this position will require an understanding of IAM & Authentication, there’s a requirement to understand the broader security market as well. Critical success factor will be the ability to view, analyze and link the broad security market and then put it into context of IAM & Authentication.
- Ability to grasp concepts, directions and impacts of new approaches to IT and feeding this knowledge around market dynamics into Gartner’s forecasting methodologies and outputs for the wider security environment
- End-user drivers for buying decision making in the area of security
- Understand vendor strategies and the long-term business impact from a financial perspective
- Understand how security vendors are evolving their business models and the implications to the competitive environment, technology and buyer behavior
- Understand how vendor strategies, end-user buying behavior and key market trends are impacting the overall security market size and growth
- Ability to identify the key gaps in vendor strategies and product portfolio inhibiting their business
- Be able to have key executive discussions with leading security vendors on how they can gain market share
- Call out key differentiators among the leading vendors delivering security solutions
- Be a lead go to person with IT Provider clients in relation to security technologies, end-user buying behavior, and vendor strategies.
- Produce innovative, thought-leading, impactful, analytically-deep, fact-based research.
- Have a broad understanding of overall security technologies and services and the key vendors in the security market.
- Have a deep understanding of end-user buying behavior around security solution procurement including budget allocation, priority setting, key demands of organizations.
- Have a deep understanding of vendor offerings, their go-to-market strategy, and market direction.
- Leading member of a cross functional team of analyst developing broad IT and business focused insights on the topic of security.
- Provide in-depth analysis based on extensive client and technology provider input, team and community research, discussions and collaboration, as well as personal experience. Collaboration with peers is critical. Contribute thought-leadership in establishing company research positions.
- Represent Gartner research methodology, strategies and positions effectively at senior level within technology providers, user organizations, government and investors.
- Create written research in fulfillment of our commitment to clients.
- Create and deliver presentations for Gartner conferences, local briefings and webinars.
- Provide support to the sales organization to renew and develop business. Demonstrate Gartner research value.
- Provide high quality and timely research peer review. Provide mentorship and support team members.
- Ability to provide focused one-day client engagements as a research area expert.
- Be able to work across research teams within Gartner on the topic of security.
- Be able to mentor junior analysts on various security topics.
- Support Gartner PR by collaborating effectively with the press according to Gartner rules of engagement.
- Bachelor's degree in related field; proven record of academic achievement at highest level or a Master's Degree in related discipline are an advantage, however experience and knowledge is critical
- 10 years plus year’s experience working in either an end-user organization in a Chief Security Officer role or similar (responsible for security solutions decisions), or a security vendor marketing operations.
- Knowledge of the broad security technology and service landscape.
- Knowledge of key vendors in the security competitive landscape and their offerings and go-to-market strategies.
- Work history in roles such as Sr. Security Engineer, Sr. Security Analyst or Security Architect are preferred.
- CISSP preferred.
- Broad knowledge of security technologies, compliance standards, security frameworks and standards among others.
- Ability to take multiple concepts and technological inputs and turn that into sound, factual and practical deployment and/or market opportunity leverage
- Articulate and succinct communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills; ability to apply conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing and defending conclusions.
- Strong project planning and management skills.
- Strong team-working ethos.
- Exceptional influencing and leadership skills
- Exceptional presentation skills in small and large audience situations alike
Job Requisition ID:32792
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.