Sr. Cloud Engineer
Summary: This is a new role within the IT Infrastructure and Operations. This role is being created to develop our capabilities in automating and streamlining IT infrastructure processes and tasks while improving our capabilities and service offerings with greater self-service abilities using public cloud platforms and open-source technologies.
Drive optimization of infrastructure and application development deployment life cycles through the use of immutable infrastructure as code methodologies. Assist shorting provisioning time, provide self-service capabilities, and provide a more agile & streamlined application development and IT operations environment
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of application developers, operations engineers, architects to understand complex product requirements and translate them into automated solutions.
- Create and implement reusable automation for cloud platforms to be used by other teams designed to increase productivity
- Collaborate with colleagues to support and improve architecture, systems, processes, standards and tools.
- Participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, and high availability in the cloud
- Write and maintain code for automating the creation of scalable/resilient systems/infrastructure
- Educate/mentor product teams on the consumption of IaC automation
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related focus, or equivalent experience
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) such as IAM, EC2, EBS, ELB, RDS, S3, Route 53, Gateways, VPCs, CloudWatch, Lambda scripts, highly desirable
- Strong knowledge and understanding of CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Experience managing and supporting Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon ECS is desirable
- Shell, Python, Groovy, Powershell or other programming language experience is a must
- Strong verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organizations
- Familiar with the inter working's of web applications and relational databases
- Adept at learning and applying new technologies and solving new problems
- Understanding of agile and other development processes and methodologies
- Understanding of immutable infrastructure and infrastructure as code concepts
- Linux (RHEL/CentOS) and Windows system administration experience required
- Knowledge of the various services and capabilities of computing platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Experience provisioning, operating, and maintaining systems running in the cloud
- Experience with Configuration Management tools (Ansible, HashiCorp Packer, Puppet, Chef)
- In-depth knowledge working with and managing Git (Bitbucket,Github)
- Solid understanding of foundational technologies including network architecture, including load-balancing, IPSec VPNs, firewalls, iptables, NAT
- Strong knowledge of all layers of the TCP/IP stack and common Internet services/protocols such as SMTP, DNS, LDAP, NTP, HTTP
- AWS Certifications a plus (AWS Certified: SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer, Solutions Architect)
- Experience with Infrastructure Definition/Provisioning tools (Terraform, Cloudformation, ARM)
Job Requisition ID:31398
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.