Sr Associate, Territory Planning & Analytics
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Senior Associate, Territory Planning & Analytics
The Territory Planning & Analytics (“TP&A”) team is at the nexus of Gartner’s mission-critical priorities of rapidly growing the sales force and increasing sales productivity. We partner with corporate and senior Sales leaders across the globe to ensure the best return on the company’s substantial annual investment in incremental sales professionals. The team serves as the internal consulting team that advises the business on sales force growth strategy, go-to-market and organizational strategy, market opportunity assessment, design of sales territories, and the allocation of clients / prospects across a sales team.
The Senior Associate will be a core member of the team that is supporting our Americas / Europe Mid-Sized Enterprise (A/EMSE) sales force. This sales team covers a wide range of companies from technology / biotech startups to financial services and manufacturing industries. A/EMSE is one of the largest, fastest-growing and most dynamic regions within our Global Technology Sales team. It is a key driver of Gartner’s growth, and TP&A is considered a vital strategic partner in the business’ effort to capture its massive market opportunity.
- Partner with sales leaders to define growth needs and design profitable territories that align with corporate sales strategy and guidelines
- Analyze internal/external data to identify trends/characterize market opportunity at various levels (e.g., region, industry, local area, company) to inform the corporate sales strategy, identify opportunities for new sales channels, and help achieve growth targets
- Facilitate decision-making by modeling potential scenarios re: allocation of sales professionals, clients, and prospects
- Provide sales managers with detailed description of respective territories to enable effective communication and planning with the sales professionals on their team
- Drive ad hoc analyses to inform decision-making of Gartner’s sales leaders and C-level executives
- Collaborate with TP&A Leadership to support sales regions as described
- Establish and share best practices related to creating and optimizing sales territories
Qualifications and Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree ideally in a quantitatively-oriented discipline (e.g., Physics, Economics, Mathematics)
- Management consulting experience preferred, but not required.
- 3+ years of experience, ideally with focus on Business Analytics and/or Sales Operations
- Exceptional analytical skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, databases, and relational databases. Familiarity with statistics and statistical tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to form relationships with and influence senior leaders
What We Offer:
- A collaborative, positive culture. You’ll work with people who are as enthusiastic, smart and driven as you are. You’ll be managed by the best too.
- Limitless learning opportunities with exposure to Gartner Research. We offer the excitement of a fast-paced workplace and the professional growth opportunities of an established global organization
- A competitive salary and generous benefits; including a robust time off allowance and great “perks”.
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.