What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We are the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
What you’ll do:
- Innovate as they execute on a migration to a new platform using modern technologies while ensuring that standards and best practices are followed
- Builds software applications – Follows coding standards, conduct code reviews, builds appropriate unit tests, integration tests and deployment scripts
- Assists in defining software architectures – Collaborates with leads to explore existing systems, determines areas of complexity, potential risks to successful implementation, learns the applications capabilities
- Owns success – Takes responsibility for successful delivery of the solutions
- Translates designs and style guides provided by the Design team into functional user interfaces, ensuring cross browser compatibility and performance.
- Contributes to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to user interface, software architecture or new technologies
- Ability to work in a fast paced Agile/SCRUM environment.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in software development
- 2+ years’ experience building web applications or apps utilizing current front-end technologies and toolsets.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good software development and object-oriented design fundamentals
- Experience architecting complex Front and Back end solutions
- Ability to solve cross browser issues.
- Strong desire to improve upon their skills in software engineering principles, frameworks and technologies
- Experience building for mobile and desktop using polyfills, media queries, HTML5, and other techniques to incorporate responsive design and graceful degradation.
- Experience with Webpack, Grunt or Gulp
- Test Driven Development frameworks
- Understanding of Web Accessibility
- Team player who thrives in a continually changing environment
Who you are:
- Possess strong knowledge of the technical area supervised and serves as a technical resource
- Familiar with all IT functions and services relevant to Finance functions.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of the processes, procedures and issues within their area.
- Able to resolve or facilitate the resolution of complex issues within Finance area
- Demonstrates expert understanding of all application development processes, development methods and tools and their appropriate use, serving as a resource to others
What we offer:
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Job Requisition ID:44179
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.