Associate Software Engineer
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We are the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
The Gartner Finance Technology Team is looking for a well-rounded associate software engineer that is eager to grow their career with a global team that is responsible for supporting financial systems that are critical in achieving the mission critical priorities of the Finance Organization. This role will be an independent contributor that participates in technical design, development and implementation in addition to system support.
What you’ll do:
- Demonstrates understanding of application development methods, including agile and waterfall, as well as the fundamentals of requirement specifications, design, coding and testing of business applications systems
- Effectively present technical concepts and issues to both technical and functional team members.
- Interfaces with the business analysts, project managers, and/or customers to clarify requirements
- Provides daily operational support for finance systems.
- Ensure system implementations meet high quality standards and outstanding issues are prioritized and resolved.
What you’ll need:
- Candidates will possess 1-3 years of relevant experience and BS in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent experience
- Experience and/or exposure to modern database platforms including MySQL, PostgreSQL and/or Oracle.
- Experience with the Linux platform.
- A working knowledge of basic accounting concepts (Example: General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, etc.) would be a PLUS.
Who you are:
- Possess superb verbal and written communication skills.
- You’re intellectually curious about all aspects of your field and connecting areas.
- You’re a self-starting adaptable quick learner (many of our projects may interface with systems you’ve never worked with before)
- You’re looking for a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- You’re a team player, willing to share your knowledge with teammates and appreciate the knowledge shared with you.
What we offer:
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Job Requisition ID:42055
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.