What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We are the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
The Gartner Finance Technology Team is looking for a well-rounded software engineer that is eager to grow their career with a global team that is responsible for supporting financial systems that are critical in achieving the mission critical priorities of the Finance Organization. This role will be an independent contributor that participates in technical design, development and implementation in addition to system support.
What you’ll do:
- Demonstrates understanding of application development methods, including agile and waterfall, as well as the fundamentals of requirement specifications, design, coding and testing of business applications systems
- Effectively present technical concepts and issues to both technical and functional team members.
- Interfaces with the business analysts, project managers, and/or customers to clarify requirements
- Provides daily operational support for finance systems.
- Ensure system implementations meet high quality standards and outstanding issues are prioritized and resolved.
- Create functional and technical specifications and work with offshore team to complete development and QA cycle.
What you’ll need:
- Candidates will possess 3-5 years of relevant experience and BS in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent experience
- Has 3+ years in Financial Systems experience both technical and functional which support Finance and Accounting teams. (Example: General Ledger, Sub-ledger Accounting, Fixed Assets, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, Lockbox, etc)
- Experience with XML, cXML and XSLT.
- Experience with PERL and shell scripting in Linux / Unix platform.
- Strong knowledge in Oracle Applications development, PL/SQL and Oracle system management, Hyperion would be A PLUS.
- Experience with Cloud Platforms ( Azure, AWS, etc.)
Who you are:
- Possess strong knowledge of the technical area supervised and serves as a technical resource
- Familiar with all IT functions and services relevant to Finance functions.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of the processes, procedures and issues within their area.
- Able to resolve or facilitate the resolution of complex issues within Finance area
- Demonstrates expert understanding of all application development processes, development methods and tools and their appropriate use, serving as a resource to others
What we offer:
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Job Requisition ID:42055
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.