Senior Specialist, Business Analytics, Research Business Analytics Organization
The Senior Specialist, Business Analytics, Research Business Analytics (RBA) team is part of the Research & Advisory Strategy (R&A) organization. We power fact-based decision making by providing data, insights and analytic tools to continuously improve our business – operationally and strategically. We are growing our team substantially and we are looking for a Senior Specialist, Business Analytics to help us grow our analytics team. This individual will help drive operational and strategic projects for R&A in line with overall corporate objectives. As a part of the RBA team, he/she will consult with and provide tools for access and analysis to R&A business units globally for corporate-wide data initiatives. The role offers broad exposure to Gartner’s business and is an ideal entry-point for longer term careers within Gartner.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive analytic solutions to provide data and business analysis in support of the R&A community’s decision making related to resource allocation, topic coverage, client demand, resource utilization, dashboard metrics, etc.
- Partner with internal client organizations (e.g. parts of our research leadership team) to understand their business and provide data, reporting and actionable insights to support their success.
- Domain expertise and thought leadership: Become a deep subject-matter expert on Gartner’s analytic tools, reports & data infrastructure. Continuously push towards the bleeding edge of technology adoption and thought leadership. Assisting in the interpretation and application of findings.
- Collaborate with the BI technical teams to develop standard data tracking and reporting for the R&A organization and ensure data quality, integrity, and consistency.
- Continuous improvement: Take initiative to identify and roll out improvement initiatives related both to RBA deliverables (e.g. new, innovative data sources, analytic insights, tools) as well as operational process improvement (e.g. improving RBA processes and communications).
- Stakeholder management & communication: Build deep and lasting relationships with stakeholders across the R&A organization as well as other functional areas, including IT, Enterprise Analytics, Product Management, Finance and Human Resources.
- Experience: 2+ years of business experience involving data and analytics.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree with strong academics required. Degree with a concentration in statistics, data science, operational research, engineering or finance preferred.
- Technical competency: Demonstrated ability to quickly master advanced software tools. Advanced Excel required. Skill with SQL, Power BI, Toad Data Point or VBA. Python a plus.
- Intellectual curiosity: Interest in learning about Gartner’s business as well as our data and analytics. Desire to find and capture novel solutions to important problems.
- Communication: Strong verbal and written communication as well as the ability to work independently. Experience communicating technical complexities clearly and concisely.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer committed to the value of workforce diversity.
Job Requisition ID:38251
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.