What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
What you’ll do:
- Provide dedicated paralegal support for the Commercial Legal and Corporate Secretarial teams within Legal & Compliance
- Serve as initial Legal intake and point of contact for Source-to-Contract and Gartner Digital Markets contracting teams.
- Provide general legal support for (non-Sales) contract negotiations involving technology, digital media, SaaS, IP licensing, professional services and facilities management.
- Negotiate contract provisions with external parties as needed.
- Manage communications and guidance relating to contract standards, fallback positions, regulatory matters and dispute management.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders (Sales, Data Protection, Finance and Insurance) to update and manage contract templates, vendor questionnaires, risk mitigation strategies, process mapping and escalation procedures.
- Provide support on tax planning and M&A , including conducting diligence, preparing ancillary documents and assisting in post-acquisition integration, as needed
- Provide support on intellectual property matters
- Assist in global entity management matters
- Provide training to internal clients, drive efficiency, and promote self-sufficiency where appropriate.
- Manage data in key departmental tools related to matter management, contract lifecycle management, legal entity compliance, etc.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 6+ years corporate paralegal experience at multinational corporations with an emphasis on commercial transactions, corporate secretarial and project management.
- Significant contracting experience and ability to coordinate successfully among various internal business functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Maintains confidentiality of information, exercises discretion and uses information appropriately
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, assume responsibility and own role
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, Google Docs Editors suite experience a plus
- Willingness and ability to learn new tools
- Currently a Connecticut Notary Public or willingness to obtain upon employment
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change.
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement.
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values.
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company.
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status-quo.
- Exposure to industry-leading training and development.
- Performance based recognition and rewards.
Who are we:
Gartner is the world’s leading research and advisory company, offering information, advice and tools for business leaders. We provide objective and invaluable insights to our C-level executive clients, where we guide them to achieve the mission-critical priorities of their organization. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and now employ over 17,000 associates globally and support 12,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Our awards and accolades:
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
- Forbes America’s Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019 & 2020
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.