Senior Event Planner, Global Logistics
The Senior Event Planner will plan, organize, and execute event logistics of 4 Global conferences & contribute to 6-8 further conference experiences with guidance from Conference Manager from initial stages of development, through on-site and conference wrap-up.
- Drive strategy to increase EITL member and prospect attendance and retention across all conferences
- Be able to clearly understand and translate the needs of the audience to create exceptional on site
- experiences and programs.
- Management of membership conference registration queries
- Overview of membership and conference attendance reporting
- Management of overall content within Events Navigator (agenda planning tool)
- Responsible for room set management & capacity planning
- Coordination of Food & Beverage including spec creation and approving venue event orders
- Management of hotel room block by performing regular audits and tracking pick up based on projected attendance
- Coordination of client networking receptions and dinners – creative out of the box ideas that are going to wow our clients and make a memorable experience
- Pro-actively participate in the process of designing or improving the event features and programs. Work with manager to prepare and submit execution plan for new ideas and implement approved ones.
- Constantly evaluate the experience, feedback and results and implement changes accordingly.
- Work alongside manager to communicate and collaborate with key internal and external partners to inspire confidence and translate our strategy to ensure seamless delivery of all conference aspects.
- Work alongside manager to select, evaluate and manage our conference venues, selections, contract negotiations and global calendar.
- Achieve budget goals while creating optimal conference experiences, through effective negotiations and close monitoring of revenue and expenses
- Manage the sourcing, cost negotiation and ordering of all fulfillment items
- Coordinate external speaker logistics
- Work alongside Manager to plan and execute all on site conference signage and branding
- Be a key member of the global conference operations team – communicate with and build effective relationships with peers in all regions, take and share best practices and continuously raise the level of our conferences
- Manage equipment inventory, storage and shipment of materials to and from events
- Travel required – minimum of 4 Global events - plus planning site visits and additional event support as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree with focus on events and/or marketing preferred
- 5+ years of conference management experience
- End-to-end Conference management and delivery to Senior level clients
- Experience of working in a complex multi layered corporate environment with multiple stakeholders
- Prior experience researching, negotiating contracts for meeting services and working with hotels and external vendors
- Financial Management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player with strong leadership skills
- Client focused - superior customer service and relationship skills
- High sense of urgency and prioritization
- Strong time management skills and ability to multitask
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong Executive presence
- Passionate, Energetic & Enthusiastic
- Strategic Thinker
- Creative and innovative
- Willingness to travel - attend Gartner Conferences to lead operational requirements and onsite team
- Confident and collaborative mindset
- Fully competent in Microsoft office, especially Excel (formulas & pivot tables)
Job Requisition ID:32584
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.