Senior Director, Infrastructure and Operations Leadership Analyst
What makes Gartner Research and Advisory a GREAT fit for you?
- You are a team player who values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage.
- You are always learning and looking to discover what’s next in technology and business.
- You pursue personal excellence through team collaboration and consensus.
If this describes you, Gartner is looking for you! Gartner is an upbeat culture based on collaboration, teamwork, integrity and objectivity that values creativity and innovation. As a Gartner analyst, you’ll not only help clients solve complex challenges and deliver on key initiatives, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. We work hard — and we reward success with exceptional opportunity.
About this role:
This role creates thought leading research within our IT Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) Team focused on leadership topics related to people, culture, organization, strategy and IT financial management for Gartner for IT Leaders clients. This is accomplished through published research, conversations with clients (Inquiry), event presentations, teleconferences, and client meetings. It is important that you have a broad vision for the future trends and directions in I&O from both a technical and business perspective. Insight into specific topics such as IT financial management tools and experience with improving overall maturity of the I&O function would be valuable.
What you’ll do:
As a Gartner analyst you will meet with clients every day: on the phone, in a video-conference, from the stage at a Gartner event or face-to-face during a sales support visit. In every client interaction analysts help clients solve difficult puzzles that lead to better performance. To support these conversations you will research markets, practices and trends and produce written research for Gartner clients to download and apply.
- Conduct research and analysis in specific areas of expertise targeting client’s key initiatives.
- Deliver high quality actionable advice through a variety of media.
- Write high quality, clear, actionable, advisory research documents.
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within these specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas.
- Respond to client questions, create materials for and deliver to clients in person, via teleconference, video conference or webinar and event presentations
- Maintain the Gartner’s industry leadership reputation by responding to press inquiries
- Proactively work with the wider sales organization and deliver outstanding sales support in order to retain and grow the business
What you’ll need:
Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you need to know your markets, vendors, trends, management practices, etc. and be able to see the forest and the trees. Most Gartner analysts have many years of practical experience and enjoy solving puzzles.
- Demonstrated understanding of the I&O function as a practitioner, leader, service provider, consultant or vendor.
- Strong awareness of current and emerging leadership trends and their relevance to I&O.
- Experience with people leadership topics such as designing organization structures, skills development and driving culture change initiatives.
- Ability to formulate and articulate technology and business adoption scenarios that help senior IT leaders articulate the opportunities, risk, and approaches for modernizing infrastructure, systems and processes
- Ability to collaborate in cross-team settings with I&O colleagues as well as applications, architecture, technology service providers and CIO strategy analysts.
- Demonstrated superior analytical skills, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns while drawing and defending conclusions. Strong business and financial acumen as well as analytical skills are required for this position.
- Articulate and succinct communication skills. Experience in publishing and speaking engagements an advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a research or technology related role
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience, preferably Computer Science, Math or Engineering, Master's degree preferred.
- Ability to conduct occasional travel, regionally and global.
Job Requisition ID:30032
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.