Sales Enablement, Media Director
Global HQ - Stamford, CT
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), is the world's leading research and advisory company and a member of the S&P 500. We equip business leaders with indispensable insights, advice and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities and build the successful organizations of tomorrow.
We're trusted as an objective resource and critical partner by more than 12,000 organizations in more than 100 countries—across all major functions, in every industry and enterprise size. Gartner employs over 15,000 associates and has experienced double-digit growth over the past 30 consecutive quarters. Our high growth environment provides exceptional career opportunities for our employees. Gartner employees love their work and continue to rate their experience highly.
This role will work in close partnership with Media Product Management, Content Team and Sales to double the overall media business over the next two years. This initiative is receiving significant direct investment (e.g., engineering, content innovation and product management resources) over the past twelve months. This leader will drive growth in close partnership with all levels of sales to identify, convert and accelerate media sales. This is a highly visible role/initiative and supported by key CxO Gartner leaders, including the CEO. The right person will thrive on the opportunity to build a great team focused on building a great business!
As a pivotal member of the highly visible product team serving the top leadership at the world’s leading technology companies, you will be responsible for:
- Define key metrics and pipeline tracking of opportunities (+conversion rates) across key sales channels.
- Define and implement programs to help Account Executives efficiently and effectively adopt the new media offerings for new/existing clients.
- Complete sales interviews, client meetings, sales team/regional meets to understand barriers to adoption and conversion rates and address by creating scalable sales resources (e.g., best practices, win/loss analysis, sales tools, talk tracks, etc.) that can be leveraged in sales cycles.
- Programmatically communicate progress to senior sales leaders (and sales regions) on strengths/areas of opportunity to further drive media product adoption/conversion rates.
- Work with relevant cross functional partners to implement changes to programs, process or products to remove obstacles to deal volume and conversion rates.
- Work with Product Marketing to update client facing assets (e.g. value proposition, product card, case studies, testimonials, etc) that position Media products and new content sources effectively to both sales and clients.
- Manage, mentor, and support team members as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Economics or other quantitative filed, MBA strongly preferred.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with a collaborative can-do mindset that is comfortable working at all levels of sales and product leadership as well as communicating with sales and clients/prospects directly.
- Ability to actively listen to feedback from customers, sales and internal stakeholders and marry to quantitative analysis and insights to recommend growth programs that increase revenue and provide input into the media product roadmap.
- Strong project management skills that drive for a continuous improvement of the lead tracking process and measure health of pipeline and conversion rates by channel.
- Ability to partner across key business partners in Marketing, Product, Peer Insights Team and Sales Operations to create, implement and measure programs to drive new business/upsell in Media products.
- 6+ years of direct experience in program management, planning functions; with 3+ years in either sales enablement, sales operations or sales management
- A strategy consulting skill set and / or startup experience using Lean Startup principles would be beneficial but not essential.
As a leader in our organization, it is important that ideal candidate consistently exhibits the 5 core values of Gartner’s culture: Integrity: Do the right thing. Objectivity: Be independent and unbiased in everything we do. No-limits mindset: See opportunities where others don't; never settle for the status quo. Collaboration: Work together in teams to accomplish more than what is possible individually. Results: Execute consistently using global best practices.
Job Requisition ID:38563
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.