Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
The purpose of this role is to create and manage a product(s) strategy/roadmap within Gartner Digital Markets’ Data Insights initiative. The role will enable the conception, development, and maturation of new products by combining market research/feedback and user testing of prototypes. The ideal candidate will have a product management background and demonstrated experience in fulfilling a product’s vision. He/she should be technically adept and have experience working closely with development teams. This role sits within an entrepreneurial and fast-paced team and provides many opportunities for professional growth.
What You Will do:
- Conduct market research and needs assessments
- Shape and define the product roadmap for a data-driven product(s)
- Work closely with product colleagues and development teams build and advance products
- Partner with cross-functional teams to bring developed products to market
- Identify, define, collect, and track key metrics for new and existing products
- Ensure the accuracy of our data products and recommend enhancements to fulfill end-user needs
- Specify product business and technical requirements, and inform product designs and development
- Communicate with and present to senior management
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams, using internal data and external research findings to address business needs and package actionable recommendations
- Effective participation within the product team and collaboration with development teams
- Effective communications, relationship building and collaborative working partnership
- Rigorous adherence to project and product development plans
- Thorough and detailed user stories and documentation to enable product development
- Assurance of product data quality and accuracy
What You Will Need:
2+ years of experience working in product management
2+ years of managing software development projects and development teams
Experience building data-driven, analytics-based products
Technical requirements and functional definition
Ability to define, prioritize, and maintain a product roadmap
Strong experience with JIRA, administration for projects and team workflow
Experience planning and running SCRUM teams; knowledge of agile methodologies
Strong project planning
Experience working with mid-level executives
Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent organizational, interpersonal, and team skills
Proficiency with relational database querying languages (e.g. SQL)
Strong analytical and business analysis skills required
What We Offer:
Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
A collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you
Outstanding compensation — Plus competitive benefits and generous time off
A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to our strategy
Job Requisition ID:28549
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.