Senior Director of Product Management - Peer Insights
Senior Director, Product Management – Peer Insights
Global HQ - Stamford, CT
This is a unique opportunity to lead innovation for Gartner Peer Insights, a startup within Gartner. Our mission is to transform the way enterprise software is bought and sold by creating the industry standard for reviews and ratings. Since starting in October 2015, we’ve collected over 280,000 verified reviews from enterprise end-users and are looking for a product leader interested in leading a dynamic team responsible for our commercial success in a lean startup at an established brand.
We are looking for a product leader to drive exceptional strategy & set short and long term goals. You will be responsible for driving the strategy and execution to help create new research document and tools to build awareness, engagement and retention. Qualitative market research and quantitative analytics are required in order to create valuable monetizable content, and having great people skills is critical to leading teams. Just as important is the intuitive ability to dig deeper and move towards the important from the interesting. This becomes especially relevant as you lead teams to develop the product opportunities we uncover. Having a strong goal-orientation (vs. a task-orientation) and an anchoring on providing customers value will help you navigate the decisions needed to build great products.
This role requires a curious discovery mindset:
- Ask the right questions, collect the relevant data points and connect conceptual inputs
- Collaborate on the creation of products and processes with the aid of technical and business team members and help build a scalable engine working closely with our Research teams
- Work within time constraints to meet business critical needs (often managing multiple, time-sensitive and high priority initiatives)
- Monitor and understand the competitive landscape and the implications for the product
- Contribute to continually improving our product development processes
- Implement a “lean” approach to product development where you and the team strive for early validated learnings that leads to shorter cycle times for delivering customer value
- Build the hypothesis incorporating inputs from users, vendors and internal stakeholders as appropriate
- Leverage a Test & Learn mentality to test the hypothesis in an iterative manner to create the maximum impact
- Systematically escalate problems to the relevant owners and teams, following through to resolution to ensure they are delivered
- Analyze performance metrics and effectively present data to stakeholders
- 7-10+ years’ experience in B2B high tech product, and / or strategy consulting engagement manager (e.g., McKinsey, BCG, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree required - preference for advanced degrees, especially Ph.D.’s (e.g., Physics, Math, Computer Science, etc.)
- Strong discovery leader - natural curiosity, strong questioning, observation, experimentation skills
- Strategic delivery track record: ability to craft and articulate a clear vision and implement effective programs
- Analytically sound - strong quantitative skills, understands correlation vs. causation, error bars, grounded in A/B testing
- Motivated by dynamic, constantly changing environment fixed to an aspirational goal
- Ability to connect with people of different backgrounds; demonstrated ability in interviewing clients and leading market research; experience with high-performing teams
Job Requisition ID:31736
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.