About this role:
Our mission is to drive sales productivity and we are in search of an experienced product manager to operationalize the salesforce expansion strategy that will realize a $200B market opportunity. This position will be responsible for managing the product throughout the lifecycle from initiation through iteration. Specifically, they will drive the future state design, prioritize project work, and ensure quality and scope aligns to Sales business needs.
The right person has the ability to develop trust-based relationships and move towards the important vs. the interesting. Having a strong goal-orientated drive (vs. a task-orientated) and deep empathy will help you navigate our organization to create distinctive value for Sales while strengthening your internal brand and career growth. Salesforce Expansion is one of Gartner’s mission critical priorities and this is a high profile role on the team that will make it happen at scale. If you are excited about the challenge of driving strategy within a fast-moving environment - this is the role for you.
- As a member on the Sales Technology team you will serve as a critical partner to the GVP, Territory Planning and help transform the function that drives Gartner’s salesforce expansion strategy. You will be responsible for uncovering new opportunities to improve the territory practices, processes and tools to realize Gartner’s $200B market opportunity.
- Design for users by communicating directly with Sales Leaders, Territory Planners and other stakeholders to fully understand users’ workflows, mindsets, and experiences using territory planning tools. Examples include
- User tests of prototypes and live software to identify improvements.
- Continuously interview and survey critical stakeholder to incorporate client feedback into requirements, designs and feature roadmaps.
- You generate enthusiasm for new products by leading client demos.
- Work directly with IT using an agile development methodology. You are responsible for documenting feature requirements in user stories clearly and comprehensively. You address questions quickly. While you might not have programming experience, you are savvy with technology, understanding databases, cloud-based software and web development.
- Define and deliver comprehensive change management and training programs to ensure your key stakeholders understand the benefits of new processes and tools. You are responsible for driving global adoption of territory practices to 900+ Sales Leaders.
- Play a leading role in the annual year-end turn program to ensure the required preparation, communication, risk mitigation and overall execution to preserve sales productivity momentum across year-close and year-start activities.
- Work closely with colleagues across Sales Technology, GSO and IT to fully integrate territory solutions into overall Sales tool portfolio.
- 5 plus years of experience in a high growth business environment – involving business analytics to solve challenging business problems, analyzing and improving operations or project management.
- Proven understanding of territory planning and management fundamentals, processes, and technologies.
- Outstanding project management skills with an ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads. PMP a plus.
- Strong attention to detail coupled with the ability to work in a matrix environment and manage project through influence/without direct control.
- A bias for action, including balancing tradeoffs, a willingness to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to get things done.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including PowerPoint presentation development and delivery.
- Experience delivering and supporting B2B solution and fully understand the dynamic of people, process and technology.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economic, Finance, Engineering or other quantitative discipline required. Master’s Degree in related field a plus.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Job Requisition ID:31090
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.