Product Director - Platform and Data Innovation
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), is the world's leading research and advisory company and a member of the S&P 500. We equip business leaders with indispensable insights, advice and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities and build the successful organizations of tomorrow.
We're trusted as an objective resource and critical partner by more than 12,000 organizations in more than 100 countries—across all major functions, in every industry and enterprise size. Gartner employs over 15,000 associates, and has experienced double-digit growth over the past 30 consecutive quarters. Our high growth environment provides exceptional career opportunities for our employees.
Gartner employees love their work and continue to rate their experience highly.
This Product Management role is in our US headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut. This person would be responsible for defining and executing the roadmap to innovate user experience for Gartner Technology and Service provider clients, across multiple products, such as Media self-serve portal, Gartner.com experience, and custom portal for select large clients. This role would be a key interface from the product organization to our technology partners. A leader in this role will drive efficient test-and-learn loop to build an excellent client experience.
Ideal candidate will understand users, be comfortable with a broad range of technologies, have an entrepreneurial attitude, and be an excellent communicator. Come join us building something great!
- “Own” the client-facing user experience: consolidate requirements from multiple sources, run user and competitive research, define roadmap, author requirements and user stories
- Work closely with UX designers and software developers to ensure the product is built as envisioned
- Serve as a scrum product owner for some products
- Work closely with client teams and software engineers to trouble-shoot technical product issues (e.g., entitlements, technology integration)
- Apply a “lean product management” approach to regularly capture validated learnings that leads to shorter cycle times for delivering customer value, using importance/satisfaction framework
- Validate and QA releases
- Interact across functional areas and with senior management to ensure product milestones and other key product success objectives are met, identify and help resolve conflicting priorities
- Represent the line-of-business perspective in cross-BU initiatives with Technology, Research and the BU partners
- Manage, mentor, and support team members as needed
- Bachelors Degree required, in quantitative research field (e.g., Economics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics, etc.) or relevant post-graduate experience; Advanced Degree desired
- 3+ years of experience in enterprise software product management and solving complex data problems
- Strong working knowledge of Lean product principles, Software development lifecycle
- Comfort and familiarity with broad range of relevant technologies, such as SQL/Relational databases, Jira, analytics tools and approaches
- Strong visual design, brand, and user experience instincts
- Strong quantitative and qualitative problem solving, including ability to turn quantitative analysis into defendable, actionable recommendations
- Ability to connect well with people of different backgrounds; capability to interviewing clients and leading market research
- Ability to lead/influence cross-functional teams across all levels of the organization and work collaboratively in a matrixed environment, without direct control
- A bias for action, including balancing tradeoffs, a willingness to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to get things done
As a leader in our organization, it is important that ideal candidate consistently exhibits the 5 core values of Gartner’s culture:
Integrity: Do the right thing. Objectivity: Be independent and unbiased in everything we do. No-limits mindset: See opportunities where others don't; never settle for the status quo. Collaboration: Work together in teams to accomplish more than what is possible individually. Results: Execute consistently using global best practices.
Job Requisition ID:32958
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.