Senior Director - Business Products
The Product Director is a key member of the Business Products team responsible for delivering strategic products and services for CxOs and Business Leaders, with the ultimate goal of increasing our Research CV through the combination of improving growth and retention. He/she will leverage a combination of business development, strategy, operations, technology, user experience, and/or marketing expertise in order to define, develop, launch, manage, and improve our research products and services – constantly working closely with the Sales, Service, and Research & Advisory organizations to achieve these results.
Example responsibilities include:
- Develop new products aligned to market needs and our corporate strategy
- Execute the product portfolio strategy and roadmap
- Support sales in successfully selling products by identifying bright spots and challenges, and developing training, collateral, and growth programs both at product launch and beyond
- Identify barriers to retention and develop operational programs (e.g., with Service) or product changes to improve retention
- Execute market research to uncover improvement opportunities in the existing portfolio as well as new growth paths
- Manage all product change decisions, including maintaining service descriptions and coordinating decisions on pricing, geographic, and channel availability
The Product Director will be responsible for managing large cross-functional teams of stakeholders, typically including the Product Platform teams, Sales, Service, Research & Advisory, IT, Marketing, Finance, and Legal. He/she is responsible for managing efforts to ensure performance and business goals are met for the product portfolio. Success will be measured both by the achievement of growth and / or retention rate targets across the dedicated product portfolio, as well as an improvement in the quality of our team and processes.
The ideal candidate has established a track record with demonstrated strong abilities in quantitative and qualitative problem solving, a growth mindset and leadership skills.
- Bachelors required, graduate degrees preferred. Preference for analytical majors (e.g., economics, engineering, etc.).
- Preference for 7-10 years business experience including 2+ years of experience at a major Strategy Consulting firm.
Superior track record and capabilities along the following dimensions:
- Quantitative Problem Solving – ability to find meaningful insights from large data sets
- Qualitative Problem Solving – ability to find meaningful insights from people
- Champion Mindset – hunger for growth both professionally and especially personally
- Influential Leadership – ability to drive successful programs in complex environments
Job Requisition ID:29706
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.