Backed with the insight of Gartner research and events, the Gartner Consulting team helps clients in a wide range of industries speed up their agendas and stay ahead of the digital curve. Due to increasing demand, the Industry/Practice is growing its team in Location.
The Senior Consultant will join a team responsible for a portfolio of accounts that consist of large-scale organizations in the Industry/Practice. You will form part of a project team that advises clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes.
Responsibilities of the role
Operating at the C-Level, you will assist our clients in successfully managing their technology investments and define their “Go-to-Market” IT strategies. As a successful Senior Consultant, you will:
- Gain understanding of the engagement objectives, of the client's strategy, environment and constraints and assure that recommendations can be implemented;
- Analyze Gartner Research, leverage Gartner Consulting IP and methodologies, and prepare written reports and management presentations of analysis and recommendations;
- Leverage mastered classical standard methodologies such as financial analysis, causal analysis, risk analysis and standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interview, etc.
- Participate as a member of Gartner teams in the creation of high quality diagnostics and actionable strategic results;
- Develop and maintain client relationships;
- Illustrate Gartner world-class brand by attitude and mind-set.
- Consulting experience from a top management or IT professional services firm;
- Completed university level education with an outstanding and consistent academic record, MBA qualification preferred;
- Significant IT industry understanding; experience in the Industry advantageous;
- Demonstrable project management skills and experience;
- Strong work ethic and willingness to travel and work in a diverse international environment;
- Cross-sector and functional experience highly desirable;
- Expertise with strategic consulting frameworks and financial principles such as budgeting, asset valuation and net present value;
- Ability to analyze problems and create business cases using a variety of tools (e.g. Excel);
- Ability to make informed decisions and seek and accept guidance and coaching from team;
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills (ideally in critical political environments);
- Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions.
- Ability to synthesis and translate complex technical aspects into business terms and define from business objectives and constraints complex technical solutions;
- Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and willing to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Willingness to be based in our Location office and travel as required (potentially several days per week).
- Ability to drive Gartner Consulting value proposition and likely to be skilled in a relevant solution area, including, but not limited to: CIO Strategy and IT Strategy; Digital Transformation; Technology Cost Optimization (including benchmarking); Infrastructure & Operational Excellence; Enterprise Architecture; Best of Breed Working methodologies (Agile, DevOps); Security and Risk Management techniques; Business Intelligence; Insight and Analytics.
Job Requisition ID:31392
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.