Procurement Category Manager
Stamford CT location:
Our Stamford CT location is our corporate headquarters. This location offers associates amenities that include free shuttle from train station, free onsite parking, fitness center, onsite café, open patios, covered walkways between buildings, and modern work spaces which foster a creative and positive atmosphere.
Fort Myers location:
Our Southwest Florida (Fort Myers) Gartner Campus is our largest office globally with 1,700 associates across four buildings. This location offers associates amenities which include two onsite cafes, onsite gym, outdoor walking track, open patios, and modern work spaces which foster a creative and positive work environment.
Additional relocation consideration for Arlington, VA.
About this role:
- Lead sourcing and contract award process for corporate service categories (such as HR, software, office supplies, consulting/professional services, etc.)
- Use sourcing methodologies to develop strategies that enable effective negotiations, reduction in total cost of ownership, vendor management and process improvement
- Possess competencies and knowledge in contract development, including key contracting principles, standard terms, laws/regulations and industry standards
- Ensure all spend in commodity area is under Procurement management
- Ensure vendor stability and a fair, ethical and level playing field.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends, vendor capabilities and changes within the category landscape for traditional and emerging solutions
- Build strong partnerships across geographically dispersed internal stakeholders and lead/project manage sourcing initiatives.
- Work with Gartner’s Legal, Risk and IT Security teams to mitigate risk through the review of both legal and business terms
- Communicate effectively with suppliers, associate and leadership
- Responsible for the administration of Delegation of Authority to ensure appropriate signatory
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of corporate indirect sourcing and contracting experience in a corporate environment
- 5+ years of generalist indirect category management experience in categories such as, Corporate Services, HR, Consulting and Professional Services
- Experience in developing category strategies and developing and administering RFx processes
- Understanding of business law, legal contracts and financial analysis.
- Strong negotiation skills; expert understanding of terms, conditions, and contracting techniques for managing risk
- Expert-level financial and analytical skills; embraces fact‐based decision making; naturally seeks to leverage and/or integrate market data, spend analytics, and cost modeling;
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences;
- Proven ability to collaborate with stakeholders and maintain successful working relationships with Category Business Leaders within the Finance, Travel, and other Corporate Services organizations
- Strong project management skills, including stakeholder, timeline, and meeting management skills;
- Planning and organizational skills with an ability to handle a multitude of projects required
- Ability to work with and lead geographically dispersed cross-functional teams to achieve company goals
- High standards of integrity
- High energy level and strong self-motivation
- Creativity and ability to be innovative in finding solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
Who you are:
- Highly motivated performer, with a demonstrated ability to influence and lead others while also working independently in a fast paced environment
- Strong communicator in both oral and written, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to successfully prioritize and solve for complex problems, factoring instances of ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility, and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Job Requisition ID:26609
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.