Principal Research Analyst – Supply Chain, Planning Technology
Principal Research Analyst – Supply Chain, Planning Technology
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research & Advisory, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our worldwide clients with unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery, and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on the promise of the latest digital supply chains, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business operations and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
On the back of the growth of our Supply Chain practice, we have an opening for a Principal Research Analyst focused on Supply Chain Planning Technologies based in the United States reporting to the VP, Supply Chain Technologies.
About this role:
A supply chain technology analyst in Gartner’s Supply Chain business uses their own research, content, and experience to advise supply chain professionals on technology-related best practices. These include investment rationalization and justification, vendor identification, evaluation and selection, and best uses of systems. The technology analyst also works as a strategic advisor to the vendor community, helping with product direction, buyer insights, and overall market perspectives. This role works in close collaboration with supply chain planning process analysts.
Objectives for the role:
Help grow the Gartner supply chain business by providing clients with compelling interactions and must-have research by:
- Providing supply chain leaders compelling advice on scheduled calls or in-person meetings.
- Conducting research and producing must-have content assets or working with supply chain professionals to produce joint content and possibly presenting at various Gartner events.
- Supporting sales teams grow the supply chain business by speaking with prospective clients to demonstrate Gartner’s subject matter expertise and unique value proposition.
What you’ll be required to do:
- Cover specific topics with supply chain professionals and software vendors over the phone and in person related to supply chain planning technology such as:
- Technology’s role in planning processes which include analytics, demand planning, supply planning, S&OP, IBP, replenishment, MEIO, distribution planning,
- The application and vendor spectrum across the supply chain planning market from ERP to Independent Software Vendors (ISVs)
- The business case and justification for SC Planning technology
- How digital business is impacting and changing supply chain planning
- Conduct research and write in-depth reports that demonstrate awareness of best practices and strategies to guide supply chain professionals’ decision making about planning technology investment, adoption, and usage.
- Participate in and help your team deliver Gartner branded research such as Magic Quadrants, Market Guides, Hype Cycles, and others.
- Learn to develop and deliver high-value presentations and other such materials at Gartner events, industry and professional association conferences, and client briefings
- Collaborate with Gartner research groups to ensure research, presentations, and opinions comprehensively represent best practices across Gartner.
- Support the Gartner sales team in closing deals through proof of capability.
- Provide valuable and timely research review and feedback for your peers.
- Participate in research community meetings to discuss research issues and collaborate effectively with peers.
What you’ll need:
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform essential duties in a strategic, analytical, and articulate manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required.
- Located in the US
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or related degree program required
- 3-5+ years of experience in Supply Chain, with strong understanding of SC Planning technology systems
- Awareness of the end-to-end supply chain including best practices, business strategies, goals, metrics, and & technology that underly our client’s business strategies.
- Demonstrate analytical skills, apply conceptual models, recognize patterns, and draw and defend conclusions. Good business knowledge and financial acumen are a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills—ability to explain complex ideas effectively when presenting to individuals (to large groups in workshops and conferences desired).
- Ability to interact with supply chain leaders on technology and business issues with confidence to represent and defend analysis and opinions.
- Strong writing and presentation skills with written work concise, persuasive, and evidence-based.
- Good at multitasking and time management. Great candidates demonstrate a self-motivated work ethic but are also strong enough and knowledgeable enough to know when to ask for help.
- Have good project management skills coupled with a team-working philosophy.
- Be able to travel as many as 5 working days per month and attend Gartner conferences as required.
Who you are:
- Client mindset – your focus is on helping clients while providing a great customer experience
- Organized - skilled at multitasking, prioritizing, and working under tight deadlines with high volume.
- Confident and ambitious – able to make sound decisions on projects with minimum supervision.
- Detail oriented – prepared and diligent -- skilled at recognizing and troubleshooting errors.
- Collaborative: enjoy working with and collaborating with global colleagues—a good communicator.
- Lifetime learner – desire to continuously learn about SC and technology – open to being challenged on your viewpoints and strong enough to defend them or change them.
What we offer:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Teamwork, integrity, objectivity, collaboration, and a no-limits mindset are central to our values.
- Direct collaboration with smart global colleagues in a continuous learning environment.
- Professional development and growth opportunities.
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits starting on your first day.
Job Requisition ID:46417
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.