Manager, Strategic Analytics
About the role:
The Manager of Strategic Analytics will be responsible for leading analytics to drive insights that help Gartner Events achieve its commercial goals. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1) Helping solve strategic, commercial challenges facing the Events business. This will require partnering with Head of Strategy and other key stakeholders in Events and the broader Gartner organization to identify and solve complex commercial challenges using data. This role will be responsible for the day-to-day management of these projects, defining and implementing creative solutions that drive meaningful commercial impact – increased event attendance, retention or Sponsorship revenue.
2) Using data / analytics to answer critical business questions. This will require leading the analysis of large data sets, drawing business insights, and developing models that drive commercial outcomes. This role should have experience framing / scoping business problems, identifying the most effective and efficient analytic methodologies to apply and then synthesizing outcomes into executive-level presentations.
Example projects: analyzing exhibitor booth pricing history to determine key drivers, identify problem areas, and recommend changes to future approach; analyzing data on attendee behavior on exhibit floors to optimize booth placement.
What we’re looking for:
• Experience: You have 3-5+ years of business experience in an analytical / data & insights / data science role and you are proficient in working with statistical, data mining, and BI tools (e.g., R, Python, SAS, PowerBI)
• Exceptional problem solving capability: You have a proven track record of solving complex problems, thinking creatively and using data to tell a story
• Passion: You are intellectually curious and have the hunger to proactively and independently identify the opportunities where you can drive the most impact for the business
• Drive / self-sufficiency: You have a demonstrated ability to own a problem and aggressively drive from problem statement to solution in a self-sufficient capacity; you operate with a sense of urgency and can excel in an execution-focused matrixed environment
• Communication skills: You’re an excellent and structured verbal and written communicator with effective presentation and platform skills
• Executive presence: You have the ability to effectively engage, lead and influence senior executives
• Strong core values: You demonstrate integrity, collaboration, a no-limits mindset, objectivity, and consistent results using global best practices
• Leadership experience: You’ve led successful initiatives, engaging teams and key stakeholders across business functions and all the way up the organizational ladder
• Influence: You demonstrate a high level of collaboration and strong negotiation skills
• Education: Bachelor's degree required, Masters preferred
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company and a member of the S&P 500. We help business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they
Job Requisition ID:30030
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.