IT Operations Management Thought Leader, Flexible Location NA, Central/South America, Work at Home
Senior Director, Analyst – ITSM and Monitoring, Gartner Research
The successful candidate will become an expert in IT service management and monitoring in order to write research and advise our clients. The candidate should have practical experience with ITIL methodologies and understand the impacts of cloud adoption to IT service management. Key areas of focus include IT service management methodologies and processes, approaches and tools. The candidate will focus on written and customer-facing deliverables aimed at the technical staff. Day-to-day job functions include:
- Collaboratively write and publish analysis and positions at a regular cadence through evidence based research
- Create compelling research on IT Service Management and Monitoring, aimed at technical audience
- Provide professional representation of Gartner’s brand, research, insights, and analysis to technical teams in Gartner’s client base
- Craft specific and actionable advice for our clients technical teams who face the challenges of moving from traditional ITIL practices into modern service request management
- Provide insights to clients through phone inquiries and through face to face interactions
- Apply personal experience and technical expertise to an array of clients, situations and industries
- Communicate complex concepts concisely and with authority
- Work with Gartner Sales executives to attract, engage and retain Gartner customers.
- Balance written research deliverables; telephone and email client contacts, conferences, webinars and travel requests
- Proactively contribute to thought leadership and research communities
- Experience with ITSM tools, ITIL processes and both traditional and cloud-based technologies
- In-depth technical knowledge of one or more areas of the IT Service Management framework
- Depth of knowledge in one or more ITSM components such as, logging, service request management, service catalog definition, asset management, resource management, capacity planning, CMDBs, orchestration and automation and monitoring. Experience working with technical architecture and implementation teams
- Familiarity with ITSM tools such as ServiceNow, BMC Remedy or Cherwell
- Familiarity with tools that address core aspects of service enablement and monitoring such as Splunk, DataDog, HP OpenView, BMC or CA monitoring tools.
- Must be comfortable with the idea of writing 4-6 documents/year of 20-30 pages
- Robust public speaking, presentation creation and delivery – cogently leading executive level engagements in high profile enterprises
Job Requisition ID:31934
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.