GVP, Global Real Estate & Capital Investment
Central to Gartner’s strategy to seize its immense market opportunity, the GVP, Real Estate is responsible for:
● Supporting profitable growth through workforce and workplace strategies that leverage global location strategies to attract and retain high quality talent while managing capital and expense investments.
● Providing a “First Choice” workplace experience for our current and future associates and clients that support and highlight Gartner’s culture and make Gartner the employer of choice while positively impacting safety, well-being, collaboration, productivity and environmental sustainability
● Building a scalable infrastructure for growth, and risk management that can support a company that is rapidly increasing in scale, complexity and global presence
This individual will report directly to Gartner’s CIO and lead a strong global team responsible for Transaction and Lease Management, Capital Planning and Project Delivery, Workplace Operations, and Global Physical Security. This team is heavily supported by outsource vendor relationships and works collaboratively with multiple other corporate functions such as HR, Finance, IT and Legal. Leveraging his/her deep networking, leadership, and visionary skills, this individual will partner with global business leaders to successfully develop and execute initiatives to create compelling work environments that promote employee morale, attract top talent, reduce risk, and promote fiscal prudence and rigor to achieve greater profitability.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
● Managing the full life cycle (site selection, leasing, fit-out, operations and exit when necessary) of all Gartner offices and related space (parking, storage, etc.) globally. Currently about 130 domestic and international locations totaling 2.9M SF plus sub-leases of about 700K SF surplus space that are not occupied by Gartner business functions.
● Leadership of a global Gartner FTE team of about 25 which is supported by outsource vendor(s) staff providing Brokerage, Project Management, Facilities Management, Food Service, Mail, and Security related services. *Establish clear vision, objectives, prioritize and allocate resources
● Ownership and management of an annual global budget of ~$170M+ that includes rent and related expenses as well as all ongoing service expenses necessary to maintain office operations. This budget is expected to grow in support of Gartner business growth, however it is expected that the costs associated with workplace provision will grow at a slower pace than headcount growth, contributing to company profitability.
● Ownership and management of the annual capital plan which runs at ~$90M+ in addition to the above annual budget. This includes global delivery of multiple projects of varying sizes.
● Continuous evolution of the Gartner Workplace Strategy to make sure that Gartner work environment -
o reflects distinctive Gartner practices and brand, while accounting for local culture, consistently across the globe
o fosters greater collaboration and productivity
o improves associate wellness, comfort, safety and are sustainable
o is caring and fosters a sense of belonging
o improves asset utilization, flexibility and value over the long term contributing to company profitability
● Lead change and innovate for Gartner by understanding the real estate business, market competitive industry strategies, associate demographic trends, workplace technology trends, and business requirements to define, deliver, and maintain best-in-class workplace solutions with other Gartner stakeholders
● Work with IT to deploy enabling technologies that enhance the associate workplace experience, improve efficiency, drive data driven decision making, improve reporting and reduce cost across all services and processes.
● Develop Workforce plans that support sustained double-digit business growth by
o proactively focusing on global location and business strategy to accelerate growth across all functions while identifying cross business synergies and geographic value opportunities including but not limited to talent availability, labor cost differences, state and local incentives, taxes, etc
o coordinating across enabling functions like HR, Territory Planning, Legal, Tax, etc. as necessary for long-term planning horizon beyond our annual budget cycle
o coordinate with the corporate business development function to provide M&A support during pre-acquisition due diligence and post-acquisition integration
● Manage the Global Security function that is responsible for physical security at all our offices, travel security and security at our conferences. This function is also responsible for crisis management, intelligence provisioning and coordinates actively with the CISO, Legal, HR and other teams.
● 15+ years of progressive business experience, preferably in Workplace Strategy or Consulting, including at least 10 years in a people management role with both in-house and outsource vendor management responsibilities
● Experience leading successful teams and global initiatives collaboratively across business functions.
● Successful track record of superior service delivery in a global environment
● Consistent demonstration of integrity, collaboration, no limits mindset, objectivity, and delivering results consistently using global best practices
● Ability to effectively engage and lead senior executives, including C-suite members, in the development of solutions for Gartner’s most critical business initiatives
● Must demonstrate a high level of influence and negotiation skills.
● Demonstrated ability to design and facilitate organizational change utilizing a full spectrum of change methods
● Strong analytical skill set, excellent consulting, coaching and facilitation skills
● Proven ability to solve problems and think creatively, ‘No limits’ mindset, strong team player and collaborative approach and ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills and effective presentation and platform skills required
● Willingness to travel globally; up to 40% of the time
YEAR ONE CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
● Assess current talent, identify gaps, recruit and on-board talent and develop optimal organizational structure to support growth and develop internal succession approach
● Successfully reviewed, revised, and communicated key geographic, cost-effective hubs across all regions aligned to Gartner’s 2025 vision and growth strategy.
● Successfully reviewed and evolved appropriate guidelines for new Gartner offices (space, style, technology, etc.) that fit our strategy and modes of operation.
● Review and execute against plans for largest offices (Gurgaon, Stamford, Fort Myers, Barcelona, Egham) that accommodate growth but also focus on leveraging talent across our worldwide portfolio of geographic options.
● Led the development of a technology enablement plan to improve all aspects for the REWP function and user experience.
● Review and develop a budget and capital management strategy to maintain RE cost growth rate below that of headcount growth. Improve budget forecasting and reporting.
Bachelor's degree required, Masters preferred
Job Requisition ID:44250
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.