Finance MBA Internship Program (Virtual) Grad dates Jan 2021 - May 2022
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
The Finance MBA internship is for high-potential individuals who have completed at least the first year of their MBA program. The internship provides the participant with exposure to the finance, accounting and/or corporate development functions at Gartner. Interns gain valuable on-the-job experiences and exposure to one or more of Gartner’s different functions including Financial Planning & Analysis, Pricing, Treasury, Accounting/External Reporting, Corporate Strategy, and Corporate Development/M&A.
Participants will interact with senior finance leaders, senior business unit leaders and Company executives as part of cross-functional teams engaged in important projects. They will also develop a network of contacts and relationships throughout the organization. Interns will gain a broad view of the finance organization, exposure to key financial and business systems, and an understanding of career opportunities that may be available across the company. As a company with multiple business units and international operations, the participants may develop an understanding of the issues involved in managing a complex global organization and be involved in creating and implementing solutions to these challenges. These assignments are designed to develop a strong foundation of finance and technical accounting skills and provide exposure to Gartner’s business unit operations.
What you'll need:
- First year of a master’s degree in business, finance or accounting
- Minimum of 3-5+ years of relevant work experience in a financial capacity
- Ability to solve complex problems in ambiguous environments
- Strong financial modeling, data analytics, and technical skills
- Ability to synthesize both qualitative and quantitative inputs in business decisions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills, including the ability to build relationships with, collaborate, and influence associates across all levels of the Company
- Must be a fast learner and comfortable managing unexpected change
- Willingness to embrace best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- High standards and a commitment to excellence
- High level of integrity
- ·High attention to detail
- U.S. work authorization required
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change.
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement.
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges.
What we offer:
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mind set are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
Gartner is the world’s leading research and advisory company, offering information, advice and tools for business leaders. We provide objective and invaluable insights to our C-level executive clients, where we guide them to achieve the mission-critical priorities of their organization. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and now employ over 17,000 associates globally and support 12,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Our awards and accolades:
·Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
·Forbes America’s Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
·Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019 & 2020
Job Requisition ID:47501
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.