Event Planner - Global Conference Logistics
The Event Planner will plan, organize, and execute event logistics with guidance from the Event Manager from initial stages of development, through on-site & conference wrap-up.
- Oversee all pieces of the event planning process. Support flawless delivery and superior attendee experience across the portfolio of events in North America and EMEA.
- Plan, manage and execute various elements of the event on-site.
- Effective project management including ownership and adherence of timelines and templates to accurately track and evaluate results on overall projects.
- Produce and manage hotel specifications, menus, and on-site logistics.
- Produce and manage audio/visual specifications.
- Oversee travel and hotel arrangements for attendees and staff.
- Ensure accuracy of all collateral.
- Work with manager to negotiate pricing and contracts with outside vendors.
- Work with manager to create RFPs: detailed specs, identifying prospective vendors & determining selection process, criteria.
- Oversee temporary registration help for events.
- Work with manager to coordinate site selections.
- Overseeing certain areas of the budget, leveraging event operations best practices.
- Manage the overall shipment relationship with the supplier and manage internal and external logistics.
- Actively participate in the process of improving event features and programs (attendee experience and journey, one-on- ones, lounges, VIP opportunities, special events and activities. Provide detailed feedback on improvement opportunities for projects you support
- Constantly evaluate the experience, feedback and results then implement changes accordingly. Create detailed post-event analysis reports and event de-briefs for review with manager/operations leads.
- Management of membership conference registration queries
- Overview of membership and conference attendance reporting
- Be a key member of the global conference operations team – communicate with and build effective relationships with peers in all regions, take and share best practices and continuously raise the level of our conferences
- Flawless operational support of 3 large conferences and 6-7 smaller events annually – events to achieve high client satisfaction ratings with effective team collaboration.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration across events team, event partners and key stakeholders to ensure effective implementation of the processes and sharing ideas from events.
- Bachelor’s Degree with focus on events and/or marketing preferred
- 3+ years of conference management experience
- End-to-end Conference management and delivery to Senior level clients
- Experience of working in a complex multi layered corporate environment with multiple stakeholders
- Prior experience researching, negotiating contracts for meeting services and working with hotels and external vendors
- Financial Management
- Excellent interpersonal skills - team player who works well with others, together reaching challenging goals under very tight deadlines.
- Client focused - superior customer service skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to multitask - high sense of urgency.
- Effective organizational, project, team and time management skills.
- Effective financial skills.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Excellent computer skills – advanced Excel skills required.
- Strong Executive presence.
- Passionate, Energetic & Enthusiastic
- Strategic Thinker - Self-motivated, collaborative and solution oriented
- Curious and inquisitive, creative and innovative
- Confident decision maker
- Willingness to travel - attend Gartner Events to lead operational requirements and onsite teams
Job Requisition ID:31304
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.