Enterprise Monitoring Leader (Work from Home)
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join the world’s leading Research & Advisory company, you’ll be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage, while driving partnerships with global organizations to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll not only help clients accomplish their mission-critical priorities, but also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands dedication— and rewards it with opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
The successful candidate is an expert in Enterprise Monitoring. The candidate will focus on written and customer-facing deliverables aimed at the technical staff who face the challenges of monitoring traditional and cloud-based resources.
Key areas of focus include strategies, practices and tools for availability, performance and digital experience monitoring such as
- Application performance monitoring (APM),
- Infrastructure monitoring (ITIM)
- Network monitoring (NPMD)
- Log monitoring
The candidate should have experience with tools such as AppDynamics, Datadog, Dynatrace, ExtraHop, LogicMonitor, New Relic, Riverbed, Splunk, and/or monitoring experience with AWS, Azure, Google, Kubernetes or other cloud / cloud native platforms. The ideal candidate has experience with DevOps practices, site reliability engineering (SRE) principles as well as infrastructure automation and AIOps.
The candidate will focus on written and customer-facing deliverables aimed at the technical staff who face the challenges of monitoring traditional and cloud-based resources.
Day-to-Day Job Functions
- Collaboratively write and publish analysis and positions at a regular cadence through evidence based research
- Create compelling, technical research on monitoring topics, aimed at IT practitioners
- Provide professional representation of Gartner’s brand, research, insights, and analysis to technical teams in Gartner’s client base
- Provide insights to clients through phone inquiries and face to face interactions
- Apply personal experience and technical expertise to an array of clients, situations and industries
- Communicate complex concepts concisely and with authority
- Work with Gartner Sales executives to attract, engage and retain Gartner customers.
- Balance written research deliverables; telephone and email client contacts, conferences, webinars and travel requests
- Proactively contribute to thought leadership and research communities
- Experience with engineering monitoring solutions operations and policies to drive proactive alerts and notification.
- Ability to define how operational teams automate proactive actions to proactively solve problems through automation
- Experience working with technical architecture and implementation teams
- Must be comfortable with the idea of writing 4 long-form documents per year
- Robust public speaking, presentation creation and delivery – cogently leading executive level engagements in high profile enterprises
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.