Director – Tax Research and Planning
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical support and analysis for all aspects of US inclusions and reporting relative to non-US operations including E&P, GILTI, BEAT, FDII, Subpart F, foreign tax credits and associated allocation of deductions to various income baskets.
- Provide initial technical tax research to global tax function and wider global business, coordinating with outside service providers as needed
- Support MVP of Tax Planning and M&A in all aspects of the function including project management and idea generation, evaluation, and implementation
- Manage external tax advisors and relationship with external auditors
What you’ll need:
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (such as Accounting, Business, Finance, or a related field). JD, LLM, or master’s degree preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of work experience in field, public accounting background strongly preferred
- Excellent general knowledge of both international and domestic taxation principles.
- Experience with ASC 740 concepts
- Good critical thinking, analytical and quantitative skills
- The ability to communicate complex tax concepts to non-tax professionals
- Experience in managing budgets and projects
- Proven project management skills
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner’s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:44325
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.