Director, Software Engineering
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
As part of the Gartner Sales, Service, and Corporate Delivery organization, the Sales Technology group is looking for a well-rounded, hands-on technology leader to maintain and evolve our existing portfolio of sales support applications into a cohesive platform. The candidate will work in a global environment and would lead a team of program managers, solution architects, business analysts, and software developers to achieve required platform goals.
The ideal candidate is someone who has worked closely with and on software product development, has experience running and maintaining high visibility platforms, and has played a key role in mentoring, coaching and growing teams in a dynamic, rapidly evolving enterprise. Candidate should have demonstrable experience innovating with technology to meet and drive targeted business outcomes.
- 15+ years of experience in software development leading teams of managers, analysts, architects, developers, and testers in support of complex business functions
- Ability to partner with Gartner Sales Operations to define and execute on a cohesive technology roadmap and lead teams responsible for internal sales processing solutions
- Strong leadership skills in the areas of communication, collaboration, talent development, and stakeholder relationships
- Exceptional project/program/portfolio management skills with an emphasis on resource planning and feature/function estimation
- Work with key stakeholders to understand business priorities and establish an agreed to implementation roadmap, including corresponding budgets and delivery schedules
- Manage multiple development teams consisting of engineers who develop, implement, and support software products in support of Gartner Sales Operations
- Significant experience in Agile/Scrum and Scaled Agile Frameworks
- Collaborate closely with other areas of Gartner IT to leverage best practices and shared capabilities, such as our AWS cloud infrastructure and internal SaaS solutions
- Conduct design and code reviews, ensuring best practices are followed by the team
- Experience and temperament to evaluate program manager, business analyst, solution architect, and software developer performance, provide coaching, and guide career development
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written and group presentations)
- Ability to work collaboratively across the IT organization and with business partners to identify systemic operational issues and resolve them
- Detail oriented with a proven track record of product delivery success and benefit realization
- Ability to adapt and learn new business models, acquire domain knowledge, and achieve subject matter expertise quickly in a remote workplace working environment
- Experience with and certification(s) in leading CRM platforms, such as SalesForce.com, Microsoft Dynamics, and/or SugarCRM
- Knowledge of sales management and order processing tools and cloud platforms, such as Anaplan, Apttus, Zuora, ACM is highly desirable
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.