Director, Product Management
Director, Product Management
Global HQ – Stamford, CT
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), is the world's leading research and advisory company and a member of the S&P 500. We equip business leaders with indispensable insights, advice and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities and build the successful organizations of tomorrow.
Our unmatched combination of expert-led, practitioner-sourced and data-driven research steers clients toward the right decisions on the issues that matter most. We're trusted as an objective resource and critical partner by more than 12,000 organizations in more than 100 countries—across all major functions, in every industry and enterprise size.
To learn more about how we help decision makers fuel the future of business, visit www.gartner.com.
This is a unique opportunity in a fast-growing business tracking towards $1B+ in revenue. If you are interested in leveraging your deep product expertise to drive strong double-digit growth using a great balance between strategy and execution, and you thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast paced and agile learning environment, then this is the role for you.
We value and base our decision on both qualitative and quantitative insights and having great people skills is crucial to drive execution and results. Just as important is the intuitive ability to move towards the important vs. the interesting. You will also be expected to interact regularly with our external clients and internal stakeholders (incl. sales, research, service and other groups).
As a pivotal member of the highly visible product team serving the top leadership at the world’s leading technology companies, you will be responsible for:
- Owning the success of the business P&L and program(s)
- Uncovering new ways to engage our clients and deliver value through our products - providing the right information at the right time with the right approach
- Collaborating closely with Gartner’s senior leadership as well as other stakeholders (e.g., product teams, data scientists, sales, digital platform teams, research analysts and client service teams) to generate distinctive insights and products
- Spending significant time engaging with current and potential customers to understand their needs
- Implementing a lean approach to your work where you and the team strive for early validated learnings that lead to shorter cycle times for delivering better customers experiences
The role has the potential for career growth by extending to other business critical areas based on needs, abilities, and learning desires. We have a track record of growing our members and seeding them in key positions throughout Gartner and we are personally invested in the professional development of our team.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Advanced Degree in business (MBA) and/or background in science, technology, engineering or math highly valued
- Track record of solving difficult problems in client-facing businesses with technology teams and leading to measurable results
- 6+ years of experience (including experience in one or more critical areas of product management and development)
- Top strategy consulting background strongly preferred (e.g., McKinsey, BCG, Bain or equivalent)
- Strong quantitative and qualitative problem solving, including ability to turn quantitative analysis into actionable recommendations
- Proven success working in a fast paced, agile, collaborative, and iterative product development environment
- Startup experience using Lean Startup principles preferred
- Ability to get the most out of diverse cross-functional teams is valued
- Strategic leadership skills; ability to craft and articulate a clear, consistent vision and implement effective programs
- Natural curiosity, quick analytical skills, instinctive math skills, extremely strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to connect well with people of different backgrounds; expertise in interviewing clients and leading market research
As a leader in our organization, it is important that ideal candidate consistently exhibits the 5 core values of Gartner’s culture: Integrity: Do the right thing. Objectivity: Be independent and unbiased in everything we do. No-limits mindset: See opportunities where others don't; never settle for the status quo. Collaboration: Work together in teams to accomplish more than what is possible individually. Results: Execute consistently using global best practices.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer committed to the value of workforce diversity.
Job Requisition ID:35131
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.