Director, Learning & Development
Gartner’s Consulting business is an extension of Gartner’s industry-leading IT Research. From CIOs, to leaders in business and government, we help Gartner clients across enterprises translate insights into transformational actions and achieve their mission-critical priorities. Leveraging the breadth of Gartner’s resources, Consulting is growing rapidly, with unlimited potential to continue expanding our client base.
What we do
Technology Strategy Consulting. We help the C-suite make the right decisions based on how technology can transform their businesses. In today’s world, a consulting firm that is “born digital”, (with the ability to directly leverage the full power of Gartner’s research and insights) has relevance to the most important strategic decisions any business will make.
We deliver value to clients in areas such as IT Strategy Consulting, Benchmarking, Analytics and Optimization. Typically, this helps Gartner’s clients to execute on their strategic priorities, across all sectors, including:
- Digital Acceleration and Transformation
- Enterprise Enablement
- Big Data and Analytics
- Applications Rationalization
- Cloud Strategy
- Sourcing and Ecosystem Optimization
- Contract and Cost Optimization
- Security and Risk Management
What you’ll do
The Director of Learning & Development is responsible for leading and managing Gartner Consulting’s learning programs and supporting the business in the delivery of a learning approach that meets our strategic people goals and develops organizational capabilities. The role requires collaboration across the business, owning and driving Gartner’s learning philosophy; ensuring quality and consistency to deliver on our learning needs.
- Helps formulate Gartner Consulting’s learning philosophy & strategy, and executes an integrated L&D approach to disseminate knowledge and institute learning through technology and other learning channels.
- Partners with our enterprise-wide learning team to integrate learning initiatives with broader Gartner efforts.
- Works closely with key leaders and team members to design, build, pilot and embed L&D programs.
- Develops ways to measure and communicate success and ROI of learning initiatives.
- Scales L&D programs across the organization.
- Helps grow our organization by empowering our associates to own learning and advance their career.
- Builds instructional design capabilities to be disseminated across the BU.
- Directs large scale change to embed Consulting’s core competencies into an integrated learning curriculum.
- Successfully leverages technology at Gartner.
- Helps build our new performance management culture around professional growth
- Ensures that learning sessions are personalized, engaging & memorable.
Who you are
- 8+ years of experience in the L&D field
- Scaled a learning and development organization to support 500+ employees
- Hands on experience in full lifecycle including assessment of learning needs, development of curriculums and content, facilitation of live and virtual training.
- A technology proponent, learning technology savvy.
- Strong project management skills with proven ability to define scope and deliver results in a changing & growing business environment. Experienced in building programs from the ground up without a significant amount of direction & guidance.
- Ability to work and think globally; skilled in creating programs applicable to multi-cultural audiences.
- Experience in leading in a matrixed organization.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - able to present and influence at all levels and build and develop strong trusting relationships.
- Ability to consistently generate and execute new ideas and work simultaneously on multiple projects in varying stages.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to distill complex ideas into simple concepts.
- Able to see linkages and patterns and develop constructs linking them together.
- Growth Mindset, sees problems as opportunities, sets high goals
- A learner!
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
Job Requisition ID:37205
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.