Director, International Travel Security and Executive Protection
Summary: Gartner is seeking a seasoned security risk management professional to join its Global Corporate Security team. The candidate will possess subject matter expertise in international travel security and executive protection, and demonstrate familiarity with insider risk mitigation and internal investigations. The successful candidate will maintain currency on international affairs across all relevant business markets and be able to contextualize world events in business terms. The candidate will be a multifaceted, flexible leader able to successfully operate within a startup environment. This role is global in nature, as the candidate will interface with senior executive and business unit stakeholders across the world on a daily basis. Successful candidates will have the ability to work autonomously, and be able to bridge the gap between deep subject matter expertise and ongoing initiatives in order to enable firm growth.
- Drive the formation and implementation of travel security and executive protection policies, procedures, and practices, leveraging best practices gleaned from previous roles and current industry standards.
- Develop tools and methodologies to assess, mitigate, and monitor global risks to Gartner’s senior executives and business travelers.
- Establish and socialize a travel security framework, identifying low, medium and high risk countries for Gartner business travelers.
- Develop pre-trip security briefings and counsel senior executives on safety and security tips prior to departure.
- Design comprehensive risk mitigation plans to ensure that Gartner business travelers achieve their objectives in safe and secure manner.
- Leverage strategic relationships, open source information, social media, and proprietary Gartner data sources to deliver timely, high-value counsel to Gartner leadership on potential travel.
- Support the development and expansion of key departmental initiatives, including insider risk mitigation, internal investigations, and enterprise crisis management.
- Partner closely with key internal stakeholders (i.e. Human Resources, Legal, Communications, and Information Technology) to implement travel security risk programs consistent with Gartner’s culture and risk tolerance.
- Support the development of the corporate security organization through strategic planning, budgeting, key performance indicator (KPI) development, vendor selection, and Board reporting.
- Manage relationships with third party vendors, including for close protection services.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, International Security, Political Science, or other relevant field required; Masters or other terminal degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of 7-10 years of work experience, preferably in relevant U.S. Government agencies, military organizations, and/or private sector corporate security organizations
- Deep familiarity with risk management theory and practice, including requirements development, data aggregation and synthesis, and application
- Familiarity with corporate security organizational development and dynamics
- Candidates should be able to articulate how they will apply skills learned in previous roles to complex client issues in the commercial security sector
- Collaborative, team player who has a proven ability to identify and define objectives while managing resources within a budget plan
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated presentation and communications skills and ability to speak to senior audiences with subject matter mastery
- The candidate should have the ability to travel up to 30% and have a current U.S. passport
- The candidate may be required to work evening or weekend hours in the event of a crisis
- Active U.S. Government Security Clearance desired
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Job Requisition ID:31134
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.