Director, Event Logistics, NA CIO Event Portfolio
Lead and manage the Event Logistics team with responsibility for the NA CIO event portfolio. An experienced leader who can provide strategic advice to senior executives while tactically managing a regional team that demands operational excellence. Set strategy and operational direction for the planning and execution for the NA event portfolio while building a scalable team.
- Leadership of NA CIO event portfolio to ensure flawless event delivery of all programs.
- Develop global strategies which deliver against both the portfolio and wider business objectives in accordance with globally consistent operational execution standards.
- Lead and manage regional team with focus on development of team members.
- Lead regional calendar planning, capacity and venue strategies to achieve growth goals.
- Lead and manage initiatives which enhance the portfolio, deliver results against priorities and improve processes in planning and execution.
- Develop appropriate regional processes and team infrastructure to effectively scale and operate efficiently
- Drive strategy to increase attendance and exhibitor retention for the NA region. Developing detailed action plans to achieve growth. Clearly understand and translate the needs of the audience to create on site experiences and programs.
- Lead, communicate and collaborate across all Gartner business units both within Event Production as well as within the company.
- Lead, communicate and collaborate across all external partners inspiring confidence and translating our strategy to ensure seamless delivery of event.
- Supplier management: Management and selection of the best partners to support our strategy. This includes regular review and negotiation of contracts.
- Financial Management: Overall responsibility for regional budgets including preparation, negotiations, accurate and timely monthly forecasts, alert management about risks and deviations to plan, and make recommendations for corrective action.
- Exceptional project management including the ownership and adherence of timelines and templates to accurately track and evaluate results on overall project goals.
- Flawless client experience with high client satisfaction scores and strong client retention
- Flawless and consistent event execution globally
- Quick results and ability to multi-task and stay ahead of deadlines
- Outstanding team and portfolio management and creation of effective checks and balances
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships
- Achievement of financial objectives and tight budget management
- Engagement and effective management of suppliers
- Exceptional operational efficiency and results oriented
- Strong, motivated, fulfilled and happy team
- Event Production, Sales and Marketing, Research, Sales, Executive Programs, Consulting, Finance, Global counterparts
- Third party vendors, venues & hotels
- Bachelors degree with focus on events and preferred
- 10 yrs of event management experience
- Experience managing teams
- Experience of large, complex commercial events with conference program and exhibition delivery
- P&L Management
- Proven complex budget management abilities
- Management of indirect project team
- Experience of working in a complex multi layered environment with multiple stakeholders
Key Competencies/ Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Client focused and proactive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build and leverage relationships both internally and externally
- Strong Executive presence
- Strong Financial Management Skills
- Effective leadership skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Fully competent in Microsoft office, especially PPT and Excel
- Passionate, Energetic & Enthusiastic
- Strategic Thinker - Self-motivated Collaborative
- Curious and Inquisitive
- High sense of urgency
- Creative & Innovative
- Solution oriented / collaborative
- Confident decision maker
Job Requisition ID:30045
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.