Director, Business Analytics, Research Business Analytics
The Research Business Analytics (RBA) team is part of the Research & Advisory Strategy organization. We power fact-based decision making by providing data, insights and analytic tools to continuously improve our business – operationally and strategically. We are growing our team substantially and we are looking for a Director, RBA to help us evolve to the next level. The Director will own data & analytics for a substantial part of our business and partner closely with the leadership team to provide insights and drive growth as well as operational improvements. The Director will also work on key cross-organizational initiatives aimed at powering more decisions with ever-improving insights.
- Partner with internal client organizations (e.g. parts of our research leadership team) to understand their business and provide data, reporting and actionable insights to support their success. Topics covered include resource utilization, future resource allocation, research topic coverage and client value analysis. Continuously and collaboratively prioritize efforts against areas of highest business impact.
- Strategic initiatives: Partner with stakeholders and other team members to define and roll out strategic initiatives or key, cross-organizational deliverables.
- Domain expertise and thought leadership: Become a deep subject-matter expert on Gartner’s analytic tools, reports & data infrastructure. Continuously push towards the bleeding edge of technology adoption and thought leadership.
- Continuous improvement: Take initiative to identify and roll out improvement initiatives related both to RBA deliverables (e.g. new, innovative data sources, analytic insights, tools) as well as operational process improvement (e.g. improving RBA processes and communications).
- Stakeholder management & communication: Build deep and lasting relationships with stakeholders across the Research & Advisory organization as well as other functional areas, including IT, Product Management, Finance and Human Resources. Identify opportunities for collaboration and “win-win” shared projects across functions.
- Experience: 7+ years of progressive business experience involving data and analytics. Technology industry as well as strategy and/or consulting experience a plus.
- Exceptional problem solving: Proven track record of solving complex problems, thinking creatively and using data to tell a story to influence senior level stakeholders. Demonstrated thought leadership with high business impact throughout career.
- Technical Competency: Demonstrated ability to quickly master advanced software tools. Advanced Excel required. Skill with SQL, Power BI, Toad Data Point or VBA. Python a plus.
- Success in fast-paced environments: Track record of success in fast-paced environments with competing and continuously evolving priorities.
- Leadership: Successfully led key initiatives; engaging teams and key stakeholders across business functions and at all levels of the organization.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree preferred. Degree with a concentration in statistics, data science, operational research or finance preferred.
- Collaboration: Strong collaboration and influencing skills in highly matrixed environment.
- Communication: Outstanding verbal and written communication – structured, engaging and compelling.
Job Requisition ID:37005
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.