Corporate Development Analyst
Corporate Development Analyst
This role will be based at our headquarters in Stamford, CT
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
Gartner’s Corporate Strategy & Corporate Development team is responsible for a variety of strategic initiatives across the company, including all M&A activity, partnerships, competitive intelligence and benchmarking, long-range strategic planning, and general corporate strategy activities. The team is highly visible within the organization and involves frequent interaction with senior management and other business units.
We are seeking candidates for an Analyst role within the Corporate Strategy & Corporate Development team. Qualified candidates will have exceptional analytical, communication, and organizational skills, and demonstrate the ability to work with cross-functional teams to drive organic and inorganic growth initiatives across the company.
What you’ll do:
- Support all phases of the M&A process, including targets sourcing, development of the strategic rationale and business case, financial modeling, due diligence collection, data room management, NDA’s, negotiation, deal structuring and execution, and integration
- Partner with internal business units to understand operations, performance, strategy, market dynamics, and business needs
- Assist in monitoring the competitive landscape to help source acquisition opportunities
- Prepare a variety of detailed financial analyses, including P&L models and forecasts, valuation, accretion/dilution analysis, etc.
- Coordinate across internal teams and external advisors throughout the deal cycle
- Support preparation and delivery of presentation materials for senior management
- Develop ad-hoc analyses and support other corporate initiatives as needed
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree – preferably in Economics or Finance – from a top-tier college/university
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience in corporate development, investment banking, private equity, or similar financial role
- Strong financial modeling, data analytics, and technical skills
- Ability to synthesize both qualitative and quantitative inputs in business decisions
- Willingness to embrace best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- High attention to detail, high standards, and a commitment to excellence
- High level of integrity
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint; HFM and SQL experience are a plus
Who you are:
- A fast learner who is comfortable managing unexpected change
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner’s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:43015
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.