Conferences Manager, Strategic Inventory Planning
Responsible for managing global exhibitor inventory, enabling exhibitor sales to maximize profitable revenue opportunities whilst taking into consideration venue and program capacity limitations.
The successful candidate will take ownership of the end-to-end process for all exhibitor inventory including booths and AVDs, and will align with key stakeholders in Exhibitor Sales & Conference Production to successfully manage and track inventory changes. This person will drive the decision-making process, understanding what is required for inventory changes and where necessary help to build & recommend effective solutions and plans to allow for continued exhibitor growth.
- Create an exhibitor inventory management process that streamlines existing processes & aligns all key stakeholders. Roll out to all teams globally to be incorporated into standard conference planning practices.
- Develop an effective and scalable tracking method for all exhibitor inventory, leveraging existing databases and establishing a process to successfully manage high volumes of data and information.
- Understand all exhibitor products and their impact towards achieving revenue goals as well as financial expense associated to delivering such products. Ensure we are driving decisions to maximize conference contribution.
- Collaborate with exhibitor operations, conference logistics and program management teams to build effective solutions for additional exhibitor inventory. Determine where investment is required and ensure global profit margins are maintained.
- Partner with the Product & Pricing Committee for any product changes, collecting and validating all necessary data, creating executive summaries and presenting issues & solutions to senior leadership for decision making.
- Support the annual budget writing processes by sharing perceived opportunities and restrictions for each event with Financial Planning and Exhibitor Sales. Ensure each event has a budget that has achievable & realistic revenue goals and the necessary investment to deliver these goals.
- Analyze show floor capacities to determine optimal catering and isle space requirements. Review all exhibitor deliverables and AVD’s that require space or resources and ensure we make decisions that maximize profitability and optimize space. Create tools and processes to support best practices.
Professional Experience Requirements/Qualifications:
- Strong project manager to drive projects and get decisions
- Detail oriented & process driven
- Analytical / ability to perform data analysis
- Great communication and people skills
- Problem solver & ability to drive change
- Excellent presentation skills
- Events knowledge a plus – understanding of floor plans, challenges, etc.
Job Requisition ID:41634
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.