Communications Compliance Specialist (Quote Requests)
As a member of the Ethics & Integrity Department, this individual is responsible for ensuring the Gartner brand is protected and presented in the marketplace as independent and objective at all times. We’re looking for someone who is driven, has a strong sense of ownership, is sensitive to urgent client scenarios, and is able to think creatively – while still upholding corporate policies. Responsibilities include:
- Assist IP counsel with discovery requests and third-party subpoenas, including gathering information from other departments;
- Assist with cease and desist letters to those that infringe upon Gartner’s intellectual property;
- Coordinate with outside counsel on abuses of Gartner’s IP;
- Understand, uphold, and drive consistent Copyright and Quote Policy principles for the protection of Gartner's reputation for independence and objectivity;
- Expertly manage quote requests, questions, and issues with accuracy and diplomacy to deliver excellent customer service in all interactions;
- Coordinate with global events teams to meet business needs while still protecting Gartner’s independence and objectivity; and
- Take-on new projects as needed.
- Four year college degree required;
- Paralegal certificate or related classes are required;
- Minimum 5 years’ trademark and copyright prosecution and litigation paralegal experience required (working with in-house counsel is preferred);
- Previous knowledge of working with global events teams is preferred;
- Working knowledge of what rises to the level of infringement and the ability to creatively tackle such issues;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong writing and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and with a team;
- Willingness and ability to assume new tasks and responsibilities;
- Strong service orientation along with an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with users, peers, office and company management, and outside business partners;
- Ability to work well under pressure, facilitate solutions, and meet deadlines and milestones for projects assigned;
- Commitment to the office and company;
- Commitment to professional growth and development; and
- Strong attention to detail.
Job Requisition ID:31377
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.