CIO Advisory, Midsize Enterprise, Flexible NA Location, Gartner Research
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a growing team of Gartner analysts working in an exciting and dynamic sector, MSEs. When it comes to information and technology, MSEs need most, if not all, of the capabilities that a large enterprise needs, albeit at a lesser scale, yet they face unique and significant challenges such as delivering IT services with small IT teams (usually fewer than 50 people) and limited IT budgets (usually less than $20 million). While midsize enterprises can’t take advantage of economies of scale, they can leverage advantages due to their size and scale. We are looking for an exceptional thinker, writer, communicator and influencer who can create and maintain a body of indispensable research and analysis pertaining to leading the Information and Technology functions in a MSE effectively and that MSEs will use to drive their business forward. This includes not only operational attributes such as financial management, performance metrics, budgeting and cost optimization, but also key aspects such as leadership, the evolving role of the CIO in a MSE and how to drive transformational initiatives such as digital business. The role will focus on written and customer-facing deliverables that retain and grow Gartner contract value in enterprise accounts.
Day-to-Day Job Functions
- Create compelling research that includes actionable advice on how MSE CIOs can solve the challenges and opportunities their enterprises face as they apply information and technology to grow and remain competitive.
- Collaboratively write and publish analysis, positions and insights at a regular cadence through fact based research.
- Provide professional representation of Gartner’s brand, research, insights, and analysis to MSE CIOs and other senior executives in every interaction.
- Collaborate with other Gartner analysts to identify trends and impacts that can be modified and right sized that MSEs can use.
- Provide insights to clients through live web inquiries and through face to face interactions that solve their challenges and make them think
- Apply personal experience to interactions with context that engages an array of clients, situations geographies and industries.
- Communicate Gartner research concisely and with authority
- Contribute to growth efforts through Proof of Concepts to attract, engage and retain MSE CIOs and their teams as Gartner clients.
- Create content for and deliver face-to-face before large and small audiences either live or through social media.
- Proactively contribute to thought leadership and research communities in areas beyond your subject matter expertise.
- Minimum 15 years as a senior executive in a MSE: CIO, Senior IT leader.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering exceptional results through effective leadership working collaboratively with CEO/Owner, CFO, COO Sales, CMO or equivalent executives
- Experience leading business transformation programs where information and technology required a critical level of cultural change, leadership skills and development of new competencies
- Experience in different industries is a plus.
- Experience in transitioning from a large enterprise to a MSE is a plus.
- Excellent skills in research, analysis, writing and collaboration.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data from many sources.
- Robust public speaking, presentation creation and delivery – cogently leading executive level engagements MSEs.
We want to meet you! Learn about our upcoming recruitment events.