Business Development Executive, Large Enterprise, Sales Practice
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
A Career at Gartner
We are seeking a passionate, career motivated Business Development Executive who will thrive in a collaborative sales environment. Our sales culture is based on recognition and personal development. You will have the chance to build a career at a company recognized as one of the best places to work voted by Employees (Glassdoor), best place to work for LGBTQ Equality and one of the world’s most admired companies, according to Fortune.
What you’ll do as a Business Development Executive:
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated Business Development Executive to join one of our successful product verticals at Gartner, the Sales Practice. You will be responsible for hunting net new opportunities and strategically selling our Research and Advisory solutions across the Northeast region. Your target audience will be Large Enterprise clients (successful companies generating in excess of $1 billion annual revenue). The opportunity is based remotely in the Northeast.
- Identify and drive new business opportunities with new-to-Gartner organizations across North America, targeting Large Enterprise C-level stakeholders.
- Convert viable prospects into active Gartner clients (members), owning the full sales conversation and negotiation, through to the transition of new clients to the account management team
- Continually build an encouraging pipeline of relevant opportunities to deliver against your sales metrics ensuring KPI’s are met
- Quota responsibility delivering around $400k of new logo revenue across your assigned territory
- Manage complex high-revenue sales across matrix and diverse business environments.
- Exercise forecast accuracy on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 5-10 years’ B2B sales experience, preferably within either Technology, SaaS, services or a consultative environment
- Proven track record meeting and exceeding sales targets in a business development / new business environment
- Experience selling to and/or influencing C-level executives
- Proven ability to precisely manage and forecast a complex sales process
- Willingness to conduct EMEA-wide travel
What’s in it for you:
- Lucrative salary, bonus, uncapped commission structure and an exceptional corporate benefits package
- A commitment to accelerated career development and progression through continuous and dedicated training from our sales experts
- Enrollment to our market-leading Sales Academy program
- Monthly incentives (individual and/or team recognition awards)
- The opportunity to sell to the C-suite and work with some of the most successful professionals in the industry.
Who are we:
Gartner is the world’s leading research and advisory company, offering information, advice and tools for business leaders. We provide objective and invaluable insights to our C-level executive clients, where we guide them to achieve the mission-critical priorities of their organization. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and now employ over 17,000 associates globally and support 12,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Our awards and accolades:
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
- Forbes America’s Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019 & 2020
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.