Automation Expert, Flexible N.A. Location, Gartner Research and Advisory
About this role:
A Research Director in the area of IT Operations Management will apply their broad knowledge of IT Operations Management technologies, vendors, processes, and best practices to provide actionable insights to our clients. Within IT Operations, there is a focus on IT automation technologies and processes, to understand a complete view of the business experience of IT. A Research Director demonstrates exceptional writing, analytical thinking, public speaking skills, and ability to provide relevant insights to an array of IT Leaders
In this role, you will:
- Research and gather data in support of analysis and position development in areas related to IT automation specifically for data center automation requirements
- Demonstrate the ability to identify how changing technology and provider landscape will impact Infrastructure and Operations design and management choices as it relates to automation.
- Provide actionable insights to IT leaders on how to utilize different data center automation technologies to manage, and optimize their increasingly complex hybrid cloud environments.
- Provide actionable insights to IT leaders on how IT Automation technologies and processes address needs for bimodal operation’s needs.
- Perform research by reading, networking with clients, industry contacts, vendors and analysts, and by evaluating and analyzing information.
- Participate in research meetings, and conduct interviews, surveys, and reviews of statistical analysis.
- Create thought leading written research in fulfilment of Gartner's commitment to clients.
- Respond to client inquiries as required, providing individualized advice to IT leaders or vendor clients.
- Define, lead and conduct client audio teleconferences.
- Present at multiple conferences as an industry expert.
- Provide sales support by speaking to prospective and existing clients by telephone and through face-to-face sales calls.
- Take press calls relevant to research expertise areas to promote the Gartner brand.
Expertise is required in the following areas:
- 10 plus years of experience working within IT Infrastructure and Operations.
- Best practices for Infrastructure and Operations management and governance for environments both on premise and in the cloud focused on automation requirements.
- Best practices in leveraging a variety of data center automation tools, manage and optimize the next-generation private, public and hybrid cloud computing architectures.
- Experience with tools or concepts or projects involving server automation, server provisioning, patch management, IT process automation/orchestration, cloud management
- Sample vendors and or products: IBM (BigFix), Chef, Puppet, Red Hat/Ansible, Microsoft, VMware.
- Working within teams to produce a highly collaborative result
- How leading IT organizations are leveraging IT Operations to support digital business.
- Assisting clients of all sizes, complexity, and maturity navigate the vendor landscape of automation technology choices.
- Creating best practices for IT Leaders to manage their technologies, people, processes and business alignment.
Job Requisition ID:28208
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.