Associate Software Engineer
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We are the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
The Gartner Finance Technology Team is looking for a well-rounded entry level associate software engineer that is eager to learn and grow their career with a global team that is responsible for supporting the critical finance systems that are crucial in achieving the mission critical priorities of the Finance Organization.
What you’ll do:
- Opportunity to learn a variety of core financial systems that support all of the finance organization processes.
- Day to day responsibilities will range from system support, maintenance, project assignments, and critical problem solving that drive monthly financial reporting, budgeting, procurement, and other key finance deliverables.
- Ability to work cross functionally with both IT and finance business partners to solve complex problems.
- Hands on technical experience with a variety of training opportunities.
- Interfaces with the business analysts, project managers, and/or customers to clarify requirements
- Contributes to the development of test plans and participates in post-implementation reviews
- Provides daily operational support for production systems including providing on-call support
- Effectively present technical concepts and issues to both technical and functional team members.
- Writes documentation that describes installation and operating procedures
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or other applicable areas/training
- Experience Level 1-3 years, we are looking for candidate looking to begin their software development career or those who are recent post-grads (1+ years’ experience)
- We’re looking for engineers with coding experience/exposure to PL/SQL, Java. Financial System experience a PLUS. ( Oracle EBS, Hyperion, TM1)
- Collaborative and teamwork-friendly mindset
- Adept at problem solving and a quick learner
- Strong written, communication, and interpersonal skills
- We’ll need your excellent judgement and initiative for helping us resolve complex assignments
- Develops solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope following detailed instructions.
Who you are:
- Possess strong knowledge of the technical area supervised and serves as a technical resource
- Familiar with all IT functions and services relevant to Finance functions.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of the processes, procedures and issues within their area.
- Able to resolve or facilitate the resolution of complex issues within Finance area
- Demonstrates expert understanding of all application development processes, development methods and tools and their appropriate use, serving as a resource to others
What we offer:
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Job Requisition ID:42054
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.