Analyst Relations Expert, Gartner Research
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you?
- You are a team player who values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage.
- You are always learning and looking to discover what’s next in technology.
- You believe that good technology needs to be balanced with good governance, planning and process.
- You pursue personal excellence through team collaboration and consensus.
If this describes you, Gartner is looking for you! Gartner is an upbeat culture based on collaboration, teamwork, integrity and objectivity that values creativity and innovation. As a Gartner analyst, you’ll not only help clients solve complex challenges and deliver on key initiatives, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. We work hard — and we reward success with exceptional opportunity.
About this role:
This role creates thought leading advice, strategies, tactics for Analyst Relations Professionals through published research, conversations with client (Inquiry), stage presentations, teleconferences, and client meetings. It is important that you have a vision for how Analyst Relations programs can maximize their impact, through a balanced program that addresses inbound and outbound needs serving worldwide and regional interests.
What you’ll do:
As a Gartner analyst you will meet with clients every day: on the phone, in a video-conference, from the stage at a Gartner event or face-to-face during a sales support visit. In every client interaction analysts help clients solve difficult organizational and role challenges that lead to better performance. To support these conversations you will research technology, practices and trends and produce written research for Gartner clients to read, review and apply.
- Conduct research and analysis in specific areas of expertise targeting client’s key initiatives.
- Deliver high quality actionable advice through a variety of media.
- Write high quality, clear, actionable, advisory research documents.
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within these specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas.
- Respond to client questions, create materials for and deliver to clients in person, via teleconference, video conference or webinar and event presentations
- Maintain the Gartner’s industry leadership reputation by responding to press inquiries
- Proactively work with the wider sales organization and deliver outstanding sales support in order to retain and grow the business
What you’ll need:
It helps to be obsessed with your topic! Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you need to know your markets, vendors, trends, management practices, etc. and have zoom and wide-angle views. Most Gartner analysts have many years of experience and enjoy collaborative problem solving.
- Subject matter expertise in Analyst Relations including experiences:
- Working in or leading a global analyst relations team
- Working with Senior Leadership in marketing, communications, strategy, or product areas to drive corporate direction / achieve corporate goals
- Planning, developing and executing an evaluative & advisory AR program
- Developing relationships with Analysts & Influencers across industry
- Ability to mentor Analyst Relations Professionals at all levels for their role and personal development.
- Knowledge of the global landscape, and the competitive interplay between Industry Analysts, established and emerging Technology providers and disruptors to demonstrate AR Leadership and Impact on the Business
- Demonstrated superior analytical skills, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns while drawing and defending conclusions. Strong business and financial acumen as well as analytical skills are required for this position
- Proven experience driving messaging and positioning initiatives and activities
- Articulate and succinct communication style. Superior writing skills. Speaking engagements a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in an AR team or leadership role
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience, Master's degree preferred
- Ability to conduct occasional travel, regionally and globally
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner’s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit jobs.gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:40784
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.