Manager, Legal Affairs
Key responsibilities include:
- Negotiate contract terms and conditions with clients based on standard agreement documents and also on clients’ own paperwork where necessary
- Support the sales associates in relation to client negotiations and contracting processes
- Interact on a regular basis with sales to improve processes and train sales associates on contracts processes as required
- Help to maintain records of all client contracts signed in the region by coordinating with Contracts Admin team
- Assist with the implementation of globally consistent business processes and ongoing company compliance programs in the region, including compliance with local laws and internal company policies
- Provide support on intellectual property and compliance issues in Asia (including anti- corruption, work health and safety, data protection/privacy and anti-harassment)
- As part of the APAC Legal Team, support VP Legal Affairs and General Counsel APAC on a broad range of contract and legal matters in the region including M&A, procurement, employment, real estate and compliance matters
- As a member of the worldwide Law and Compliance Team, help ensure effective communication to corporate legal, ensuring visibility into regional legal and risk matters
- Work with the General Counsel's office on specific, sensitive or difficult client negotiations or other regional legal matters
- Ensure provision of timely legal services directly and through judicious use of outside counsel
- A qualified attorney/lawyer with a high standard of communication skills in both English and Chinese and a minimum 5 years' post qualification experience handling commercial client negotiations and contracts in an international business environment.
- Essential to have native level Chinese language skills, with excellent written and oral communication in both English and Chinese, including excellent contract drafting and negotiation capabilities in English and Chinese.
- Experience of negotiating and documenting a wide range of complex commercial agreements.
- A quick learner who demonstrates a desire to learn more and the capability of adapting to changing situations.
- A hard worker with strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet firm deadlines.
- Ability to navigate complicated issues and present actionable solutions in a timely manner.
- Responsive and service-oriented attitude with good inter-personal skills to handle pressure from sales.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Must be flexible, willing to take responsibility and able to work independently but be a team player.
- Ability to work both independently and within a collaborative team environment.
- Detailed knowledge of contract law
- High attention to detail
Job Requisition ID:43282
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.