Director - Legal & Compliance , Asia
Gartner is currently seeking a Legal Director to support Gartner’s legal and compliance requirements in Asia. The Director will serve as a manager and also as an individual contributor to facilitate support for commercial contract processes and general legal matters in the Asia region. The Director will report directly to the Vice President, Legal Affairs, Asia.
- Oversee Legal team’s support of client contracts in Asia including negotiation, liaising with sales teams, working closely with other business units to support sales efforts in the region
- Provide general legal counseling and support on compliance issues in Asia (including anti- corruption, work health and safety, data protection/privacy and anti-harassment)
- Assist with corporate secretarial activities to ensure corporate compliance of companies in Asia
- Support the human resources team on employment matter escalations in Asia
- Respond to legal and contract escalations that arise in our operations and work closely with legal teams in the region to provide seamless legal support to all business units
- Work with outside counsel and internal teams to help with enforcement and protection of Gartner’s intellectual property rights generally
- Provide legal support for Real Estate matters in Asia, including lease negotiations, renewals, terminations and expansions
- Assist with M&A activity as it arises, including due diligence assistance and project-based efforts
- In the area of commercial contracts, support, create and advance internal Gartner templates, processes and projects intended to support, streamline and scale Gartner business needs.
- Manage a team of contract managers and paralegals
Who you are:
- Experienced professional with necessary skill-sets to support the internal legal operational needs of a global corporation.
- Mature people manager who knows how to lead a team of legal and contract professionals to achieve stretch objectives
- Ability to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Proven experience in commercial contract negotiation and corporate compliance
- Exposure to legal operations and commercial contracting in APAC
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to collaborate, influence and lead
- Ability to collaborate with across a large organization and deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement.
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges.
- Fully qualified and licensed attorney in good standing in Singapore or other law jurisdiction
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Ten or more years of experience in a law firm environment and/or in-house counsel role
- Familiarity with commercial contracting issues, including previous experience negotiating sales contracts
- Experience working with legal teams in the Asia-Pacific region and supporting global legal operations
- Good understanding of intellectual property issues, including IP enforcement issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and within a collaborative team environment
- Strong process management skills with the ability to multi-task and meet firm deadlines
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values.
- An opportunity to work with exceptional legal professionals in a global legal and compliance team
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company.
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo.
- Exposure to industry leading training and development.
- Performance based recognition and rewards.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner’s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:25819
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.