Business Development Executive, MSE, GTS
What makes Gartner Sales a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our sales associates earn a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions and exceptional benefits — along with top training and support, and recognition for high performers. If you’re coachable, persistent, smart, executive-savvy, and looking for your next great adventure, Gartner is the place for you.
The Business Development Executive is a sales role responsible for finding net new business opportunities and selling our Research and Advisory solutions to organizations. The territory for this role includes specific enterprise level prospects across the assigned territory.
What you’ll do:
- Engage with C-level executives within the mid-sized enterprise marketplace to navigate them through how our research and expert advice can guide them to achieve their mission-critical priorities.
- Own the full sales cycle, from finding prospects to closure and transition new accounts to the account management team within one month of closing the deal.
- Drive consistent activity to ensure a strong pipeline of potential deals week over week.
- Collaborate with peers and mentors to benefit from and continue the development and sharing of best practices.
- Responsible for an annual quota in contract value achieved through net new sales with prospects.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Masters or advanced degree a plus
- 3 – 6 years of consultative and solution-based selling experience with a demonstrated track record of quota-carrying success.
- Competitive nature with a collaborative mindset - you’re driven to be the best and your work history and personal accomplishments illustrate this.
- A problem solver with a passion for learning – you are solutions-oriented and aren’t afraid to constructively suggest a better way of working and seek feedback in order to improve.
What’s in it for you:
- A chance to make a meaningful impact to successful organizations – your work will directly benefit Gartner and our clients to be more successful than yesterday, acting as an advisor to C-suite executives and senior leaders of high-growth companies.
- A culture of learning and career advancement - achieve and exceed your short-term and long-term career goals through our formal training program, continued mentorship and learning from the best and brightest in our industry.
- Outstanding compensation - uncapped commission structure, with a competitive base salary and exceptional benefits.
Who are we:
Gartner is the world’s leading research and advisory company, offering information, advice and tools for business leaders. We provide objective and invaluable insights to our C-level executive clients, where we guide them to achieve the mission-critical priorities of their organization. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and now employ over 17,000 associates globally and support 12,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Our awards and accolades:
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
- Forbes America’s Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019 & 2020
# LI- JJ1Job Requisition ID:52604
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.