Senior Director, Application Software Markets Analyst, Research & Advisory, Flexible North America Location
Flexible U.S. Location
Gartner is seeking an experienced software product-line leader to develop thought-leading research targeted to general managers and product-line managers within mid-to-large application software providers. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing thought-leading research targeted to general managers and senior product-line managers within mid-to-large application software providers.
- Covering existing and emerging software business and pricing models such as SaaS/cloud, open source, license and freemium.
- Defining (in collaboration with other analysts) emerging software ecosystem, architecture and business models.
- Contributing to Gartner-wide research and ideation on the evolution of the software industry.
The successful candidate must have experience working at the senior executive level within large or mid-sized software companies. This should include proven skills and experience as follows:
- Excellent writing and data visualization skills.
- The ability to derive blend qualitative “trend” analysis backed by quantitative data.
- Proven understanding of different software/SaaS business models.
- Architectural mindset and ability to think strategically from a systems-level perspective.
- Proven track record advising business executives.
- Ability to work effectively leading or contributing to cross-team projects.
- “Out of the box” big picture thinker who is adept at connecting the dots between different technologies and business models.
- Ability to “deep dive” into emerging technologies and trends and then communicate implications and recommendations at an executive and strategic level.
- 10+ years experience working as a product/business leader with application software / SaaS providers – ideally with application “platforms” or suites such as CRM, ERP, Analytics, application development/integration platforms or related offerings.
- Proven executive communication skills as evidenced by prior work experience presenting to or advising senior executives, investors, boards, or industry peers.
- Strong work ethic, working both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong project and time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or related field as well as MBA (or equivalent) preferred.
Job Requisition ID:37806
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.