As an Operations Specialist, you will work to flawlessly deliver and execute on assigned Executive Summit events, by planning and managing all details related to the production details including but not limited to venue selection, event budget, hotel reservations, team travel, room setup, decorating, staging, audio visual, and catering. As a member of the Evanta Event Production Team, you will have a focus on team collaboration to create exceptional customer experiences for every attendee, sponsor and associate attending our events.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Manage venue sourcing responsibilities including research, capacity planning, and contracting.
- Plan and manage operations and logistics for all assigned regional executive summits.
- Communication and collaboration across event teams to ensure seamless delivery of first class events
- Contribute ideas for event innovations to enhance Evanta events and ensuring alignment with the company objectives and vision
- Coordinate travel, secure team accommodations, and ground transportation for on-site
- Coordinate communications as primary point of contact for the on-site team, hotel staff, and on all logistical aspects of the event
- Coordinate with the decorating and audio/video partners to ensure conference rooms are set up and function correctly
- Manage invoices, purchase orders, and facilitate payment of event related bills
- Financial management: incl. preparation, negotiations, accurate and timely event budget forecasts, alert management about risks and deviations to plan and post event reconciliation
- Assist with the production of Evanta company events.
- Support on special projects for Executive Staff as needed.
- 3-5 years of business meeting planning experience
- Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to develop and deliver clear and concise briefs
- Knowledge of hotel, travel and meeting planning business is required, particularly in terms of normal service expectations.
- Understanding of event logistics and technical production
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite including Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven financial management abilities
- Project management experience
- Multi-tasking and the ability to manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strategic and client focus
- Proven success working in a collaborative environment
- Solution oriented with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a high degree of professionalism
- Maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
- Travel 5-9 times per year, sometimes internationally (approx. 8 weeks total)
- Bachelor’s degree with focus on events and/or marketing preferred, but not require
Job Requisition ID:41881
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.