Serves as organization lead to the Sr. Conference Manager in support of the Operations team in all aspects of on-site operations. By way of team associates, the lead will direct the activities of hotel, catering, decorating and AV staff to ensure each conference is setup correctly and runs according to plan. Provides customer service and support to attendees, sponsors and team members to ensure a successful event experience.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Provides day to day leadership support and direction to operations associates, including onboarding new employees and conducting department meetings
- Management responsibilities to include hiring, providing performance feedback, coaching, creating bonus objectives, and mentoring direct reports
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of department and business objectives
- Consistently innovate operational processes to create efficiencies and improve productivity. Elevate process changes to Sr. Operations Lead for review and implementation. Effective project management including development of and leading the team to adhere to timelines and templates
- Works closely with associates to ensure each event is executed and completed within established timelines and policies (travel booking, event wrap up feedback and selection gifts/prizes).
- Owns and executes assigned event(s), all phases in accordance to the established practices and timelines
- Oversee and establish process for International launches and mentor team executing on launch events
- Assists with the production of internal company events
- Occasionally assigned special projects by the executive leadership team
- Actively searches and selects venues, conducts the negotiation of venue contracts directly with the venue as needed
- Leads an assigned team of 4-8 within the Conference Operations organization
- Minimum 1-3 years of applicable event experience required
- 1+ year of applicable people management experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead, develop and manage a team of associates
- Excellent understanding of project management, strong organization skills and ability to hone in on attention to details
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience presenting to audiences with the purpose of motivating or persuading
- Must be able to work within multiple tight deadlines, multi-tasking and fast pace environment
- Ability to build and maintain relationships both internally and externally and with high degree of professionalism
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suites
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Job Requisition ID:38277
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.