Senior Consultant, Public Safety and Justice IT Strategy Consultant
The Senior Consultant is viewed as a key resource in one or more technology and areas. The Senior Consultant will have strong project management skills with knowledge of public safety and justice technology such as Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) , Records Management Systems (RMS), 911/NG911, Courts Administration systems, Corrections systems and key related operational drivers. They are expected to participate in project delivery of one or more consulting service offerings (e.g., IT strategy, project assessment, sourcing, project implementation oversight and risk management).
Scope of Position:
- Supports consulting engagement delivery and completion of defined project scope of work
- Enables engagement of broader consulting team (engagement managers, subject matter experts, account partners) in delivery of project scope of work
- Understands and manages to client conditions and consulting engagement objectives
- Supports analysis of client problems and documenting aligned recommendations
- Leverages consulting methodology and tools to address client challenges by creating/evolving project deliverables to meet delivery and client expectations
- Supports consulting team communication to manage deliverable development and create ‘client ready’ deliverables
- Manages both internal team and client communication
- Monitors risk mitigation activities to ensure risks are satisfactorily addressed and documented
- Ensures effective communication of project status through reporting or other means; identifies and supports communication requirements specific to a project and client environment
- Monitors client expectations and supports changes to project scope through internal communication and scope change processes
- Leverages Public Safety and Justice experience to provide industry-centric insights within client engagements.
- Leverages Public Safety and Justice experience to support the Gartner Public Safety and Justice Team strategy, practice growth and business development cycle
- Supports long-term client relationships within an engagement leading to repeat business opportunities
- Participates in the development of account plans
- Keeps current on technologies/trends in multiple domains; specifically focuses on Public Safety and Justice industries
- Demonstrates knowledge and interest in Public Sector (particularly at the state and local level)
- Transfers knowledge regarding a client vertical
- Transfers the understanding of a client’s “business,” critical success factors and the business environment in which it operates
- Anticipates and addresses customer service requirements
- Develops alternative approaches to address complex client requirements and develops discussion proposals
- Demonstrates knowledge sharing within and outside of engagement setting
- Leads improvements in internal operations by recommending changes to processes or procedures
- Fosters environment of continuous improvements
- Proactively addresses issue and manages opportunities within the immediate team and broader Gartner
- Communicates and implements the Consulting Strategic Plan
- 3-5 years of experience in Management Consulting and/or Advisory related engagements, ideally with a top-tier firm and focused on Public Safety and Justice ( operational and technical needs of Police, Fire, 911, courts, corrections organizations)
- Alternatively – experience with systems integration of Public Safety and Justice Technology (i.e. CAD/RMS, 911 systems, JMS, Case Management, digital justice, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of, and experience in Public Safety and Justice systems (Police, Fire, 911, Integrated Justice)
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with public sector business development and procurement processes.
- Extremely strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in project management discipline, methodology, tools
- Must be comfortable working with large amounts of sensitive client data sets
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics. Commerce and/or other Quantitative discipline
- Proven background in MS Office Suite – specifically and importantly expert knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint
- Good oral and written communication skills with proven ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work fully independently and lead delivery teams with some oversight from manager
- Ability to reuse institutional intellectual property and research and adapt to client specific circumstances.
- Travel to client sites required (on average 50% travel is required)
Job Requisition ID:G22453
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.