Sr Administrative Assistant
About this role:
We currently have a great opportunity for a senior Administrative Assistant who places high value on learning in a professional environment, and enjoys taking ownership of the administration tasks with confidence and energy.
Reporting to the GVP, Controller, this position will be responsible for general office administration including reception, organizing and managing GVP calendar, travel, monthly/quarterly audit reports, supporting the GVP’s direct reports ad hoc requests, filing, faxing and photocopying, organizing internal meetings, and ordering stationery and other supplies.
What you’ll do:
• Provides high level, complex and confidential administrative support for Controller, Leadership team and overall group.
• You would have strong customer service, a friendly and professional manner
• An ability to proactively coordinate internal and external correspondence, managing maintenance of office machines, and other ad hoc tasks as required
• Take initiative and ownership and show a willingness to take on projects proactively
• Manage Controller’s Calendar and multiple scheduling demands using Outlook and assist Leadership team as requested
• Manage corporate purchasing card – ensure purchases are within policy, verify transactions and process monthly
• Maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion/good judgment and handle sensitive information with professionalism and integrity
• Build strong relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams
• Increase efficiency by identifying ways to improve processes
• Serve as the primary contact when the leader is not available and ensure requests/issues are appropriately addressed and resolved
• Order and maintain supplies for Fort Myers associates
• Coordinate and order close meals for late working associates
• Order flowers and coordinate cards from leadership team for major life events
• Maintain and coordinate Iron Mountain offsite archiving
• Coordinate nominations and order awards for associates
• Maintain org chart, photo board and team responsibilities list
• Organize team events such as picnic, potluck, etc.
• Perform new hire orientation including tour of area, walk through of policies & procedures and introduce to key managers
What you’ll need:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.5+ years of administrative support in a professional, fast paced, high profile environment
• To be successful in this position you will have supported multiple leaders within an organization with a special focus on attention to detail
• Strong organizational skills, with proven experience prioritizing work and coordinating several projects at one time
• Possess positive communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to anticipate and address needs
• Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and see projects through to completion
• The ability to work within a team as well as independently
• High standard of personal presentation
• Advanced working knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and basic internet browsers
• Problem solving skills, flexibility, initiative and a strong level of customer service skills will also ensure success
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
• An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
• Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
• Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
• Exposure to industry leading training and development
• Performance based recognition and rewards
Job Requisition ID:36532
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.