IT Strategy Consultant, Public Sector
Due to current success, Gartner is in the process of expanding its high-performance EMEA and Public Sector Consulting team is Oslo. This team is responsible for supporting senior executives across the public sector strategize, design, procure, deploy and secure citizen centric services and enabling infrastructure to ensure economic growth whilst delivering value for money for public expenditure.
Responsibilities of the role
As a successful Consultant, you will:
- Advise clients at the C level
- Gain understanding of the engagement objectives, of the client's strategy, environment and constraints and assure that recommendations can be implemented;
- Analyze Gartner Research, leverage Gartner Consulting IP and methodologies, and prepare written reports and management presentations of analysis and recommendations;
- Leverage mastered classical standard methodologies such as financial analysis, causal analysis, risk analysis and standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interview, etc.
- Participate as a member of Gartner teams in the creation of high quality diagnostics and actionable strategic results;
- Develop and maintain client relationships;
- Illustrate Gartner world-class brand by attitude and mind-set.
- Consulting experience from a top management or IT professional services firm;
- Completed university level education,
- Significant IT industry understanding; experience in the Public Sector advantageous;
- Strong work ethic and willingness to travel and work in a diverse international environment;
- Fluency in both English and Norwegian languages, written and spoken is essential for this role
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills (ideally in critical political environments);
- Ability to drive Gartner Consulting value proposition and likely to be skilled in a relevant solution area, including, but not limited to:
- CIO Strategy and IT Strategy;
- Digital Transformation;
- Technology Cost Optimization (including benchmarking);
- Infrastructure & Operational Excellence;
- Enterprise Architecture;
- Best of Breed Working methodologies (Agile, DevOps);
- Security and Risk Management techniques;
- Business Intelligence;
- Insight and Analytics.
After an initial assessment by the recruiting team there will be two interviews with the senior stakeholders for this role; either face-to-face or, if not possible, by video conference or telephone call.
The final stage of the selection process is a panel interview at a Gartner office and will involve at least 3 people from the business.
What Gartner Consulting will offer you?
- A world-class consulting environment
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge IT strategy engagements with a tier one client portfolio
- A competitive salary
- Structured bonus based on individual and corporate performance
- Opportunities for promotion with a clear defined career development structure
- Opportunity to participate actively in the development and future of Gartner Consulting
- A dynamic but relaxed and supportive working environment that encourages personal development
Job Requisition ID:40857
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.